Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

Thanks for the article but he didn’t have to mislead Syracuse University, take a scholarship from another potential player, and be THAT self centered about it.

I reached my goal in life too (earning a PhD from Syracuse) but I didn’t have to hurt people along the way or leave damage in my path.

I’m happy he thinks he is getting what he wants but he should have left SU out of it.

My mindset was that a college degree would be there for me in the future, but right now, everything is basketball.

Thats not necessarily true, unless you like being five to six figures in debt.

His mother and aau coach swayed him?

Who’s his AAU coach?

Someone brought the coach and the Bazely’s a bag after the mcdonalds game. Harsh but this doesnt just happen.

My mindset was that a college degree would be there for me in the future, but right now, everything is basketball.

Who’s his AAU coach?

Someone brought the coach and the Bazely’s a bag after the mcdonalds game. Harsh but this doesnt just happen.
Just

Who’s his AAU coach?

Good take, thinking same thing. The tell all is his mom and "coach" BRINGING up option of G league or overseas. Sounds like quick buck for a year, too bad was influenced that way. Sounded like he wouldn't of minded intro classes, parties, and 35k screaming for him and the team.

“But a few months ago, I was having a conversation with my mom and one of my coaches, and they brought up this notion of playing professionally for a year before entering the NBA draft. At first, I basically dismissed it entirely. I just had trouble picturing myself doing that. A little time passed, then we all had another conversation, and for the first time the G League was brought up.”

And we found out last week 10 mins before the announcement.

Whatever dude.

I do not find it worthwhile to challenge and insult the character of a highschool athlete.

However, I wonder what the grownups were up to the night after the McDonalds game.

No one can tell me this conversation/change of heart just happens out of no where after a nationally televised game before the draft.

“But a few months ago, I was having a conversation with my mom and one of my coaches, and they brought up this notion of playing professionally for a year before entering the NBA draft. At first, I basically dismissed it entirely. I just had trouble picturing myself doing that. A little time passed, then we all had another conversation, and for the first time the G League was brought up.”

And we found out last week 10 mins before the announcement.

Whatever dude.

“A few months ago”... let that sink in for a moment.

Based on Allen Griffin quotes and this article it seems like he's obsessed with being the 'trailblazer' for the G-League route. I don't think he realizes how difficult this route actually is. These coaches want to win games, not develop him. His grown-up teammates want to earn their way into the NBA, not help this kid spend a year and get drafted.

I'll be rooting for him.

he said it first came up a few months ago and he dismissed it entirely, he could have told the coaching staff a month ago he was thinking about it, but are they gonna take the schollie away?

I did wonder if it was a coincidence he publicly announced right after the mcdonalds AA game.

Based on Allen Griffin quotes and this article it seems like he's obsessed with being the 'trailblazer' for the G-League route. I don't think he realizes how difficult this route actually is. These coaches want to win games, not develop him. His grown-up teammates want to earn their way into the NBA, not help this kid spend a year and get drafted.
I don't think anyone in his inner circle took the time to carefully consider the pros and cons associated with the various routes he might take to the NBA.

"Of course I know the decision was really upsetting to Syracuse and their fans. I definitely understand that, but I also know that in my heart, this is the right decision for me. That being said, I’m always going to pull for the Orange. I’m hopeful that my spot is given to someone who can go there and help that team win a national championship."

It's only my opinion, but this gave me closure. Over it completely, no hard feelings towards the kid.
I know this still doesn't sit well with some, and I understand that, but I think most will get over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom