Dark Days on the Boneyard | Syracusefan.com

Dark Days on the Boneyard

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
I get a tiny bit of schadenfraude after them telling us how they have passed us as a program...and we would never be able to get to their level ever again. Silly 7 year old fans of Big Boy Football.

It sucks for them but I see as a minimum one more BE team gets an invite to the life raft. I just don't see the ACC hanging at 14/15. They need patience...just stay relevant in the Big Whatever for a year or two.

From Natl Champ / BCS participant to completely derilect and passed over. With everything that's happened to that particular fanbase over the past 12-18 months, I'm surprised they haven't dissolved .

When UConn hired Pasqualoni, I really enjoyed the optimism on the UConn forum.

Of course, that is what fan bases do whether its the new coach or the 2nd string QB, they love change and they eat up all the "spin" that comes forth.

Now, I thought P did a "good" job at SU, but at the end he was out of ideas. He is very good at keeping the ball rolling on a good program. But when things start to go South, he is not the guy to revitalize a program. He keeps doing what he has been doing even if it isn't working.

Pasqualoni is the anti-Schiano. He's a very honest guy who doesn't over-promise. Schiano was the ultimate pitchman ... a huckster and sales person. So to the extent that UConn needs this type of Carnival-barker, P is not the guy.

I get a tiny bit of schadenfraude after them telling us how they have passed us as a program...and we would never be able to get to their level ever again. Silly 7 year old fans of Big Boy Football.

It sucks for them but I see as a minimum one more BE team gets an invite to the life raft. I just don't see the ACC hanging at 14/15. They need patience...just stay relevant in the Big Whatever for a year or two.

Even then they are not a lock. Many of the football oriented teams would prefer Cincinnati.

I think cold hard reality has hit a lot of them this season. Many in there fanbase are blaming P for the lack of an ACC invite and many feel Deleone is the reason the offense has been so bad. I know the administration over there might want to bring P back but that fanbase is ready to revolt.

I never ever feel even a tinge of sympathy for any woes Uconn has going forward. They have 3...THREE national titles in the last 13 years. Not 3 final fours, not 3 elite eights. They have THREE championships.

Edsall wasn't a dummy (well, some would argue otherwise I know). He saw that his Fiesta Bowl team had reached the apogee, and that team wasn't that good to begin with. He knew that UCONN was heading back to mediocrity the next season and he bailed first. P walked into a ready made FAIL situation that, with New England's weak recruiting base, was highly unsusceptable to a quick fix. I don't see a happy ending for fans of the University of Connecticut, and I don't say that with malice.

Watching UConns offense just makes me so happy we have what we have. Plus, I like Coach P but his halftime interview of playing perfect and keeping it close just made me smile and give a mental hug to Dr. Gross.

Newbie fans always irritated me. Their sense of entitlement and disregard for anything prior to 1999 in basketball and 2005 in football was comical. Dismissing it because it did not favor them. Now being passed over, in part, due to lack of tradition. That, and the fact that the university in general has not handled themself with dignity whenever any bumps in the road came along.

You know how I feel
I have never read your posts on the subject: could you sum them up in a word or two? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I have never read your posts on the subject: could you sum them up in a word or two? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Kind of hard to sum up in a word or two. I will try.

Thats more like a word and a half.

Kind of hard to sum up in a word or two. I will try.

Thats more like a word and a half.
Would you encourage them to eat their own feces?

UConn_text_logo.gif

sunbeast_medium.jpg

I never ever feel even a tinge of sympathy for any woes Uconn has going forward. They have 3...THREE national titles in the last 13 years. Not 3 final fours, not 3 elite eights. They have THREE championships.

You mean in that other sport, don't you?

I thought one of the worst decisions by Coach P during his final years was throwing true frosh Joe Fields to the wolves at Purdue. He should have shirted JF and given him a year to develop at the position.

What was the name of that QB who was going to sign with us, had what was called a bad visit to campus (supposedly his host player told him horror stories about P's coaching and talked him out of coming here) and then he signed with Nebraska? Was Joe Fields a replacement for him? I don't remember now. Anyway, I thought P did a terrible job with Fields early in his career.

My favorite:

uconn to the b10 soon. i have no timeline or date to be guessed. uconn has been invited to the acc twice in 2 years and said no thanks we will wait and see both times. all of the media and pr post those have been mostly fake/ugly/amied on purpose. espn only pumps uconn when it need to for th acc and the bc ad 2 years ago said what he did becuase he helped uconn get that invite back then and then we said no thanks becuase the b10 came offering, he then was upset and spiteful. the cold war was born. that was day 1 of the rift of how uconn rose enough so quickly that is passed cuse, pitt and bc in the bcs world. just wait and see...i can go on for hourse about the past couple years and ever thing from ads, espn and other media comments. crow more like corn pie.

So, HuskyFanDan, UConn was invited not once but twice to be in the ACC, and turned it down waiting for the inevitable B1G invite? Oh my. Herbst was ready to fly down and do Swofford right on his desk for an invite.

I would love to know the color of the sky in his world.