Darton Deserves a Thread | Syracusefan.com

Darton Deserves a Thread

Cuse12

All Conference
Appreciation thread for Darton. I can’t say enough about this guy! His grit and determination is amazing. He is clearly undersized, but not oh boy he does not play that way. He held that fragile DL down all year once T-lock went down.

Dare I say he was the defensive MVP for us this season? I think so, we would have been screwed without him. Kudos to you Kevon, and you are etching yourself as a fan favorite that’s for sure!

Put a C on that man’s chest!

Appreciation thread for Darton. I can’t say enough about this guy! His grit and determination is amazing. He is clearly undersized, but not oh boy he does not play that way. He held that fragile DL down all year once T-lock went down.

Dare I say he was the defensive MVP for us this season? I think so, we would have been screwed without him. Kudos to you Kevon, and you are etching yourself as a fan favorite that’s for sure!

Put a C on that man’s chest!

Absolutely! Kid has been a freaking warrior this year getting banged up it seemed every game but bringing everything he had. Hope he can chisel himself even more for a big year next year.

Absolutely. Not only did he have to be an iron man, but he accorded himself really, really well.

Crazy to think that he was a walk on -- kid became a legitimate starter and high level contributor, despite being small. Fantastic story, and a testament to the kid's motor.

Great season for Darton.

He is engaged to one of our AZ alums. She graduated last year, and had been on the softball team, but left with the group that had issues with the coach. I know her and her family, and she is a really sweet girl. I am hoping she moves back to Syracuse for Darton's last year. She is at graduation this weekend. I am going to reach out to her after this weekend. If she is staying in Cuse or will be at one of the 2 first football games, I will bring her to the Fine tailgate.

Have we ever had a better walk on who wasnt a kicker?

The kid is a rockstar in the center of that line. He causes disruption at the point of attack and does it consistently. It's something that I have not seen many Cuse DT's do, no matter how big they are.

And Darton stays on the field. He's a tough SOB. Tougher than nails. He deserves more credit than some of the backhanded compliments he has received

I applaud this thread

Last edited: