David Teel Says Russell Athletic Bowl Probably Takes VT and Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

David Teel Says Russell Athletic Bowl Probably Takes VT and Rutgers

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Syracuse not even mentioned in this article, which was published this morning.

Looks like the Belk or Pinstripe. As jurrie keeps reminding us, the UConn-UC game will be key determining what happens there. No one asked me, but I think over/under on that game should be around 15.

Maybe the biggest thing that would help SU land the Belk is for Virginia Tech to be placed there. They already played UC in the regular season and it is very unlikely they would be paired against them again in a bowl game.

Also, an interesting article on how Maryland defecting affects UVa more than any other ACC school. They were paired with the Terps, have played them twice a year in basketball for 71 consecutive years and have finished the season against each other in football 11 of the past 13 years. The plan is replace UMd with UL.

The article suggests switching crossover rivals so VT gets UL and instead of UL, VT gets BC, which sounds like a good idea to me. It seems though that the ACC is determined to avoid doing anything that would retain old rivalries and make geographic sense, so it probably won't happen.

One other thing. With UL replacing UMd, the tally is now 8 original ACC schools and 7 defectors from the Big East. Unbelievable.

The VT-UL, and UVA-BC crossover was my idea yesterday! He's stealing my stuff!

Actually, it just seems so much more logical, I was probably way down the line in people suggesting it.

They should also make SU-GT crossovers right now, so it will be easier when they both leave later today.

Syracuse not even mentioned in this article, which was published this morning.

Looks like the Belk or Pinstripe. As jurrie keeps reminding us, the UConn-UC game will be key determining what happens there. No one asked me, but I think over/under on that game should be around 15.

Maybe the biggest thing that would help SU land the Belk is for Virginia Tech to be placed there. They already played UC in the regular season and it is very unlikely they would be paired against them again in a bowl game.

Also, an interesting article on how Maryland defecting affects UVa more than any other ACC school. They were paired with the Terps, have played them twice a year in basketball for 71 consecutive years and have finished the season against each other in football 11 of the past 13 years. The plan is replace UMd with UL.

The article suggests switching crossover rivals so VT gets UL and instead of UL, VT gets BC, which sounds like a good idea to me. It seems though that the ACC is determined to avoid doing anything that would retain old rivalries and make geographic sense, so it probably won't happen.

One other thing. With UL replacing UMd, the tally is now tied. There are 7 original ACC schools and 7 defectors from the Big East. Unbelievable.

I guess Jake C. Wasn't so crazy back in the 90s when he met with the ACC officials to discuss merging the league's football teams.

Makes sense to have RU play VT. The teams have played numerous times and have a little bit of a history, RU will bring a national fanbase, they play a difficult OOC schedule and have shown they can be competitive, their offense is anemic and people love to see punting, and lots of F.A.M.I.L.Y. will come to watch a bunch of L.O.S.E.R.S.

* Almost left one out - everyone loves to watch a team that almost made it to a BCS game but was beat by a 1 armed 1 legged QB. Tough break.

virginia tech might be available for the russell as i could easily see the chick fil a taking them if clemson makes bcs