Day Four Fall Football Practice: Tuesday 8/9/16 | Syracusefan.com

Day Four Fall Football Practice: Tuesday 8/9/16

Video also shows that CB Cordell Hudson, LB Ted Taylor and S Chauncey Scissum are still limited today.

How closed can practice actually be on that field?

It's wide open, isn't it?

Custis with a nice block too. Starting O?
That's the second clip of EP in as many days where he's flashed homerun ability. Yesterday he separated from coverage and caught a TD pass. Sign of good things to come ... as the slot and wide receivers have been cut loose in this offense.

That's the second clip of EP in as many days where he's flashed homerun ability. Yesterday he separated from coverage and caught a TD pass. Sign of good things to come ... as the slot and wide receivers have been cut loose in this offense.

Yeah, I think he's going to be a good one. Lots of Ishmael pub so far but I wouldn't be surprised if Philips is as much or more of a playmaker this season when it's all said and done.

Yeah, I think he's going to be a good one. Lots of Ishmael pub so far but I wouldn't be surprised if Philips is as much or more of a playmaker this season when it's all said and done.

With this offense, it could be "wow, everyone's a playmaker" ...

With this offense, it could be "wow, everyone's a playmaker" ...
In this offense, I think the WR's are more likely to get open because: 1) the high tempo makes D adjustments more difficult; and 2) the system allows our "slot" guys to make plays in space -- Estime, Phillips, Moe Neal, for example.

One thing I'm not clear on is why the TE's are not a bigger part of the DinOffense, as they have been in the past for Briles. Baylor tight end tandem poised for important role in Briles’ offense

Why not have Custis playing TE ... 6'5" 230+ ... not a big stretch. The more weapons the better.

In this offense, I think the WR's are more likely to get open because there are other "slot" guys who can make plays in space -- Estime, Phillips, Moe Neal, for example.

I'm not sure why the TE's are not a bigger part of the DinOffense, as they have been in the past for Briles.
Baylor tight end tandem poised for important role in Briles’ offense

Why not have Custis playing TE ... 6'5" 230+ ... not a big stretch. The more weapons the better.
A few things - Neal is practicing with the RBs right now.

Second, this isn't a carbon copy of Briles' offense. Dino has developed what works for him.

Finally, why have Custis play TE when he hasn't played a game in this system yet at WR?

A few things - Neal is practicing with the RBs right now.

Second, this isn't a carbon copy of Briles' offense. Dino has developed what works for him.

Finally, why have Custis play TE when he hasn't played a game in this system yet at WR?

Babers uses TE's as well, not sure he's much different than Briles in this respect.
Tight ends find success in Falcons’ fast offense

As far as the Custis issue, we have WR's. If Custis has the size and ability to add some diversity and production at TE, why not use him? Who else do we have at the position that's likely to break out? And as far as him "not play[ing] a game in [this] system", no one else at SU has either. This is Babers first year. They're all new to it.

reedny said:
In this offense, I think the WR's are more likely to get open because: 1) the high tempo makes D adjustments more difficult; and 2) the system allows our "slot" guys to make plays in space -- Estime, Phillips, Moe Neal, for example. One thing I'm not clear on is why the TE's are not a bigger part of the DinOffense, as they have been in the past for Briles. Baylor tight end tandem poised for important role in Briles’ offense Why not have Custis playing TE ... 6'5" 230+ ... not a big stretch. The more weapons the better.

I think he hasn't used TE that much because he hasn't had a guy there that was better than slot #2 guy. That may be the case here too. If they land Charles Reeves, I'd bet we use TE a lot.

Agree that this is a WR friendly O. And QB. And RB. Increased reps help everyone. Good god I can't wait.

reedny said:
Babers uses TE's as well, not sure he's much different than Briles in this respect. Tight ends find success in Falcons’ fast offense As far as the Custis issue, we have WR's. If Custis has the size and ability to add some diversity and production at TE, why not use him? Who else do we have at the position that's likely to break out? And as far as him "not play[ing] a game in [this] system", no one else at SU has either. This is Babers first year. They're all new to it.

From the way early and limited practice reports, Custis is playing very well at WR #2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom