Day Six Fall Football Practice: Thursday 8/11/16 | Syracusefan.com

Day Six Fall Football Practice: Thursday 8/11/16

what angle is the safety taking on that play?
A really bad one. Ellison being as small as he is, he must make smart judgements on the ball. That was not one of them.

haha, not sure that's entirely true. Mr. Clark seems to be able to get to the qb!

Clark is clearly a handful but I count 3 seconds of good protection. The QB has either already let go of the ball or steps up to the right. (and granted nobody else is rushing.)

Clark is clearly a handful but I count 3 seconds of good protection. The QB has either already let go of the ball or steps up to the right. (and granted nobody else is rushing.)
Wasn't supposed to get to the QB. You notice how Emerich's shoulders got turned?

Ellison & Butler with the catch

Butler is much bigger than I had anticipated. Looks like he's going to see the field.

I'm really interested to hear how the WR's are shaking out. #4 seems to be up for grabs. I'm thinking Ish, Amba Etta-Tawo, Custis and the 4th. AC and/or Butler.

Butler is much bigger than I had anticipated. Looks like he's going to see the field.

I'm really interested to hear how the WR's are shaking out. #4 seems to be up for grabs. I'm thinking Ish, Amba Etta-Tawo, Custis and the 4th. AC and/or Butler.

Estime is definitely going to be one of the starting 4, unless you aren't talking about slots.

PhatOrange said:
Butler is much bigger than I had anticipated. Looks like he's going to see the field. I'm really interested to hear how the WR's are shaking out. #4 seems to be up for grabs. I'm thinking Ish, Amba Etta-Tawo, Custis and the 4th. AC and/or Butler.

Ishmeal, Phillips, Estime, ?*

*wonder if Butler can pull it off... Or does he split reps

A really bad one. Ellison being as small as he is, he must make smart judgements on the ball. That was not one of them.

I'm not so sure you can judge Ellison in that type of drill. This was more a drill for the WR getting off the jam and the QB dropping the pass over the CB and away from the S. I doubt it's a "live" drill for Ellison. He is playing a shell coverage.

Estime is definitely going to be one of the starting 4, unless you aren't talking about slots.

Ish and E-T outside WR's, Briz and Erv slots. Would be pretty shocked if any of them got displaced as the 1's.

I'm not so sure you can judge Ellison in that type of drill. This was more a drill for the WR getting off the jam and the QB dropping the pass over the CB and away from the S. I doubt it's a "live" drill for Ellison. He is playing a shell coverage.
You're right, wasn't judging him, and realize he isn't in a position to tackle the WR in this drill. Just was remarking on the post above about bad angle's in general, and how a guy like Ellison, and for that matter Cordy, due to their size, need to be very technically sound. Bigger WR will go right through arm tackles. They need to be square when they converge on any given tackle.

You're right, wasn't judging him, and realize he isn't in a position to tackle the WR in this drill. Just was remarking on the post above about bad angle's in general, and how a guy like Ellison, and for that matter Cordy, due to their size, need to be very technically sound. Bigger WR will go right through arm tackles. They need to be square when they converge on any given tackle.
It was also a really nice adjustment by Butler.