Day Sixteen Fall Football Practice: #20, 8/22/16 | Syracusefan.com

Day Sixteen Fall Football Practice: #20, 8/22/16

CuseLegacy

Practice will at 11 and will be open to the Media for the first ten minutes.

Following practice there will be interviews with select, requested Offensive players.

Last edited:
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Defensive players who did not dress for Syracuse practice: CB Wayne Morgan, S Rodney Williams, S Devon Clarke, S Evan Foster

Offensive players who did not dress for Syracuse practice: WR Alvin Cornelius, WR Clay Austin

Other health notes: Cornelius jogged with a helmet on. Syracuse DE Jake Pickard participated with a brace on his left knee.

Syracuse freshman Scoop Bradshaw continued to work with the WRs. Devin Butler started practice with RBs, Moe Neal with WRs.

Sophomore walk-on Kyle Kleinberg continued to work at tight end. Sophomore walk-on Jacob Hill was with the running backs again.

1 CB and 1 Safety not cleared to join the team

1 safety is not cleared. the rest are hurt. The CB was not admitted so he's done.

4 safeties total on the shelf is a bit of a blow to the depth. not that i had a lot of expectations for freshman to fill the safety void, but geez.

PhatOrange said:
1 safety is not cleared. the rest are hurt. The CB was not admitted so he's done. 4 safeties total on the shelf is a bit of a blow to the depth. not that i had a lot of expectations for freshman to fill the safety void, but geez.

Do we know how bad any of these are? Couldn't they just be dinged up?

Hey, at least Dowels and Winfield are looking great lately.

What's up with the white helmets. Look like Okl St or Texas.

This is the 3rd year we've had them, getting them broken in during practice. They just don't have the 'S' stickers on them yet.

"Devin Butler started practice with RBs, Moe Neal with WRs."

I know Babers and his staff know what they are doing and I understand the cross training but wondering why they seem to be practicing at these positions everyday. I would guess maybe Moe has the plays down at RB and the WR practice is more benficial maybe? But Butler looked real good at WR in some practice highlights and I would think additional time at WR would be more beneficial if that is where he is going to play.

CbusCuse said:
"Devin Butler started practice with RBs, Moe Neal with WRs." I know Babers and his staff know what they are doing and I understand the cross training but wondering why they seem to be practicing at these positions everyday. I would guess maybe Moe has the plays down at RB and the WR practice is more benficial maybe? But Butler looked real good at WR in some practice highlights and I would think additional time at WR would be more beneficial if that is where he is going to play.

I think it's just the first 10 min where they are doing position specific drills. Babers has said they do everything else with their stated position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom