Day...what ever... | Syracusefan.com

Day...what ever...

I feel like we will be rolling with what we have and in emergency situations use Swider as a guard like the coaches told him.

We NEED another pg period.

It’s irrelevant what we NEED.

It’s what we can sell to a prospect, whether that be HS or portal.

Who signs up to be the 3rd PG and 4th guard overall for a coach who typically only plays 2.5-3 guards in total?

Even Howard Washington wasn’t cool with that, and that’s about his ceiling at a P5, much less his “home town” program.

I feel like we will be rolling with what we have and in emergency situations use Swider as a guard like the coaches told him.

I think we could use a few more for depth.

We have thescholarships and we should use them.

Who signs up to be the 3rd PG and 4th guard overall for a coach who typically only plays 2.5-3 guards in total?

Even Howard Washington wasn’t cool with that, and that’s about his ceiling at a P5, much less his “home town” program.
It’s totally relevant. Its not that much of a difficult sell to a good player who sees what’s already here. Girard is what he is and Symir just transferred.

It’s totally relevant. Its not that much of a difficult sell to a good player who sees what’s already here. Girard is what he is and Symir just transferred.
Girard could be what he was this year and he will still get the bulk of the time though which has been proven, so again I don’t think any guard who is good enough to be a third guard or starter level will be here.

Girard could be what he was this year and he will still get the bulk of the time though which has been proven, so again I don’t think any guard who is good enough to be a third guard or starter level will be here.
There’s competition at every good school. Even more at other schools. I don’t see it as that much of a deterrent. Its not like we have Jalen Suggs here.

Washington got all the minutes that he deserved as did Bryce and Jalen.

In the past if the player was talented enough he came off the bench. Dion, MCW most recently.

I'd like to think that if we had a full season Kadary would have played a heck of a lot more.

His leash appeared to get shorter the last few games. Too bad it wasn't sooner...

Last year there weren't any good options off the bench.

His leash appeared to get shorter the last few games. Too bad it wasn't sooner...

Last year there weren't any good options off the bench.
Again I’m not disputing any of this, but JB has shown he will be loyal to Joe whether we like it or not, so chances that a big time guard comes here is low and that’s if we are even reaching out to transfer guards which it doesn’t seem like we are.

Again I’m not disputing any of this, but JB has shown he will be loyal to Joe whether we like it or not, so chances that a big time guard comes here is low and that’s if we are even reaching out to transfer guards which it doesn’t seem like we are.

I'm not asking for a big time guard. Just someone who doesn't play foolish hero ball and help Joe transition to the role player that he really is.

Until then I will hope and dream of a return to the days when we were consistently good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom