DB Allen Stritzinger Transferred to Youngstown State/in the portal again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DB Allen Stritzinger Transferred to Youngstown State/in the portal again

Would love for Labrosse and Carter to step up. Its just hard to predict what these guys can give as true freshmans.
Labrosse certainly has the good looks to start.

I think Wax is playing LB now
Wow. Barron too? The coaches said they wanted to upgrade the LB position. This is evidence they were serious about this.

Striz played really well in the Camping World Bowl vs. the Mounties, somebody was out in the secondary (Trill?) and Striz and Carl Jones filled in and played really well

I think Wax is playing LB now
That’s a little surprising. He was a good lb in high school but he was also an effective rb. Other then Garrison we do not have a true power back. Both Adams and Howard are around 215. Garrison was 240. Wax was over 230 in high school.
Also he is 6 feet. It seems in the new system lbs are at least 6’2 or bigger. That is why I feel Jones 6,0 220 is going to moved to the safety/lb position (rover).

A little surprised striz decided to transfer. He was in the two deep. Probably not going to be a starter (iffy cb, trill cb, Cisco s, colley s, Jones rover) but he would have got a lot of pkaying time.
I was also surprised to see Wallace and trotter transfer. Both were in the two deep. Wallace seemed the perfect size for the new D and trotter could have played in the rover.
Unfortunately for the team they decided to transfer but I guess they felt it was in their best interest.

Our defense is building depth considerably quicker than our offense, aside from DT.

That’s a little surprising. He was a good lb in high school but he was also an effective rb. Other then Garrison we do not have a true power back. Both Adams and Howard are around 215. Garrison was 240. Wax was over 230 in high school.
Also he is 6 feet. It seems in the new system lbs are at least 6’2 or bigger. That is why I feel Jones 6,0 220 is going to moved to the safety/lb position (rover).

Howard is only a junior and they have a commit from a power back in the Class of 2021 that should create a nice transition.

Jones is not a Rover. Doesnt have the skill set for that. All the LB's they picked up are not tall. Guys like Thompson and Sparrow. They are also recruiting Henderson hard at the moment. The MLB position doesn't need as much length as the OLB spot. Garrison might be coming along well, new staff might think Wax will contribute more on defense. Gilbert might be going in another direction with power backs. Just thoughts.

Last edited:
it doesn't mean 'much' but Wax's accolades were all from the LB position.

I could swear when Barron signed he indicated he was going to start out at WR. I remember I was expecting him to be a LB and was a bit surprised. I guess things could have changed since then though.
Like Wax has LB listed on his Twitter profile, Barron has WR listed on his Twitter profile.

Tough to understand this move by Stritz. As a reliable substitute safety/oakie type guy, it made sense to see him listed in the Spring 2-deep at Rover (backing up Coley). At 6-0 <200, LB's probably out. But there would have been opportunities for snaps beyond Rover, e.g., FS - with two frosh penciled in (Nunn and Smurf), along with whatever opened up with injuries. Not sure how about his fit with the 335, but tough to lose a flexible veteran depth piece going into his senior year. Kid has talent. Hope he reconsiders but either way, BOL to him.

Last edited:
April 18th

He looks like another Luke benson type. I see Luke as more of a big WR with blocking skills. Kendall Long has a similar skill set too. All jumbo athletes.

He looks like another Luke benson type. I see Luke as more of a big WR with blocking skills. Kendall Long has a similar skill set too. All jumbo athletes.
Can't do it here but we need a WR thread. ;) So many guys ... who's gunna pop?

I wonder what the defense looks like with him instead of one of the freshman.

I wonder what the defense looks like with him instead of one of the freshman.

Hard to envision going into the year that Cisco, Coley, and Jonas would all be done for the year by game three (?) with Williams soon to follow. I think Carter would have gotten on the field ahead of him as well.

He probably would have played Rover ahead of Hanna, but also would've been a better option at Safety over Greenwood. Oh well.

Hard to envision going into the year that Cisco, Coley, and Jonas would all be done for the year by game three (?) with Williams soon to follow. I think Carter would have gotten on the field ahead of him as well.
Oh sure. I'm not saying he or anyone could've seen it coming. Just would've been nice to have a guy with experience and legit size once we lost the other guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom