Class of 2020 - DB Charles Bell VI (MD) Committed to Marshall | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DB Charles Bell VI (MD) Committed to Marshall

All i know is i literally have NEVER see a kid leave a big time school and come here because he couldnt qualify there but see it all the time the other way around.
All the time??? Ok. Then I concede we must have the most selective admissions in all of the P5.
Or maybe, as in the case of this athlete, academic qualification as the cause of the athlete not choosing SU is unsubstantiated board speculation.

All the time??? Ok. Then I concede we must have the most selective admissions in all of the P5.
Or maybe, as in the case of this athlete, academic qualification as the cause of the athlete not choosing SU is unsubstantiated board speculation.

You are playing semantics. Let me phrase it carefully

When we see players leaving one school and going to another due to grades, I cannot recall a time we were on the side of the school getting the player

You are playing semantics. Let me phrase it carefully

When we see players leaving one school and going to another due to grades, I cannot recall a time we were on the side of the school getting the player
What exactly do you mean by "leaving one school and going to another"? That reads to me as if you are referring to transfers. Do you mean decommitting from SU and committing elsewhere? If the latter, how many times has it actually been confirmed that this happened? I know it is speculated at times, but a lot of people on here also have an overinflated view of SUs academic standing.

3785EC19-8117-4636-89A2-F8034559B343.jpeg

If you buy tickets to a SU sporting event, technically you are a booster.

And even if you're not, tweeting at a 17 year old as an adult is a really weird thing to do.

So if I buy tickets to a Duke game, I'm a Duke booster?

If you buy season tickets yes, read the back of your season ticket book. It actually states it in the literature sent with your tickets.
I spent a semester in a compliance office and the net the NCAA casts on what they consider a booster and a prospective student athlete is much wider than most would think.

Big loss but fortunately at a position where we have considerable depth and hadn’t had trouble recruiting.
Don't know if it is a big lost but you are right that it is at a position that we haven't had any problem getting talented players. We have picked up players that are equal if not better than he and also may pick up a couple more in Jones and Carter. I wonder with his Georgia OV he moves to a 4*...

Georgia must be willing to take a “flyer” for depth. Watch him become a 4 star because of this

Don't know if it is a big lost but you are right that it is at a position that we haven't had any problem getting talented players. We have picked up players that are equal if not better than he and also may pick up a couple more in Jones and Carter. I wonder with his Georgia OV he moves to a 4*...
I mean look at his highlights and offers. He’s an impressive db. I wouldn’t be surprised if the added big name exposure moves him up either.

the crystal balls now show Bell to Marshall. don't think UGA ended up offering him.

the crystal balls now show Bell to Marshall. don't think UGA ended up offering him.
Hmmm looks like he rolled the dice and the result may have been unfavorable. If that’s the case, I respect him for gambling on himself.

If I'm Dino (I'm not, in case you were wondering), I take a flyer on him like we did for Jordan, assuming it's just grades. His tape is excellent.

If I'm Dino (I'm not, in case you were wondering), I take a flyer on him like we did for Jordan, assuming it's just grades. His tape is excellent.
Depending on his academic status, if that is the issue, it could mean anything from a year at a prep, like Jireh, or two years of JUCO. It might not be the same situation as Jawhar.