Class of 2020 - DB Charles Bell VI (MD) Committed to Marshall | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DB Charles Bell VI (MD) Committed to Marshall

If you buy tickets to a SU sporting event, technically you are a booster.

And even if you're not, tweeting at a 17 year old as an adult is a really weird thing to do

We will agree to disagree. Twitter is a social platform. Kids share all hella detail about their lives. If a kid publicly states “got an offer to Syracuse” and I respond “hope to see you as a fellow member of the orange family” it’s completely benign. I mean it just is.

Now I don’t do This because I’ve had many a conversation with Mark Wheeler at compliance and know better. But its because of compliance, not “weirdness”

Maybe because I work in social media and speak to people 18 to 88 in my day job i feel differently tho

But we can agree I disagree and move on.

Last edited:
Ah well we’ll be beating him sometime in the next four years. The hill people always find their way back on our traintracks
I don't think I ever had any football students when I was down there. Pretty much every other sport, though. We love to rip on them, but WVU has an excellent academic support system for their athletes if they can qualify.

We need to stop trying to win by playing darts when the game involves sledgehammers
Does this mean that you learned something about why he decommitted/SU pulled offer, or are you still assuming that it's grades?

Does this mean that you learned something about why he decommitted/SU pulled offer, or are you still assuming that it's grades?

No. I dont know whats going on. But we either need to go FCS or stop DQing kids for grades that then go on to play for our competition and beat us

No. I dont know whats going on. But we either need to go FCS or stop DQing kids for grades that then go on to play for our competition and beat us
So you'd rather we took an unqualified kid and lost a scholarship towards our class if he doesn't qualify to sign? We can't afford to do that with the number of scholarships available. There are reasons to be wary of recruiting currently but this isn't one of them.

So you'd rather we took an unqualified kid and lost a scholarship towards our class if he doesn't qualify to sign? We can't afford to do that with the number of scholarships available. There are reasons to be wary of recruiting currently but this isn't one of them.

I’m just saying we should play by the same rules as the teams we play. If we absolutely have to play at a different set of rules than the other teams in our conference maybe that is something that needs to be examined.

Well, there are two sets of standards. There's the NCAA standard that applies to everyone. Then, each school has their own admissions standards.
I'm not sad that we have higher admission standards than everybody else's state university. We should - we're Syracuse!

I’m just saying we should play by the same rules as the teams we play. If we absolutely have to play at a different set of rules than the other teams in our conference maybe that is something that needs to be examined.
We'd have to change our admission standards...

Also, WVU and Indiana aren't in our conference.

Doesn't seem like anyone else is worried about his academics

His academics aren't up to snuff yet he's going to graduate and enroll early. Something doesn't add up. And there's no TX excuse this time.

Who says we aren't? I'm guessing that Wake, Duke, UVA, VT, BC, Pitt, GT and Clemson have admission standards comparable to SU.

Does anyone know with certainty that academics are why he isn't coming to SU??? If not, then why are we having a debate about how SU's admissions standards are holding us back with regards to recruiting?
I find it absurd to think that SU's admissions are what is holding us back. I'm proud of my SU degree, but let's not pretend it's Harvard.

Does anyone know with certainty that academics are why he isn't coming to SU??? If not, then why are we having a debate about how SU's admissions standards are holding us back with regards to recruiting?
I find it absurd to think that SU's admissions are what is holding us back. I'm proud of my SU degree, but let's not pretend it's Harvard.
No, no one knows that. We're all just guessing here. But that is one explanation that makes sense.
1575643327568.gif

All i know is i literally have NEVER see a kid leave a big time school and come here because he couldnt qualify there but see it all the time the other way around.

All i know is i literally have NEVER see a kid leave a big time school and come here because he couldnt qualify there but see it all the time the other way around.

We got at least 2 guys who couldn’t get into Stanford. Can’t recall the names offhand.
I’m sure others can chime in w the specifics.