Class of 2016 - DB Craig Watts JR (FL) Transferring from USF | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Craig Watts JR (FL) Transferring from USF

Hm. I wonder if suddenly Mr. Burch is back on the list for the Badgers.

Hm. I wonder if suddenly Mr. Burch is back on the list for the Badgers.

I don't think so. Sounds like they weren't willing to take a chance on his academics the first time around and that was only, what two months ago.

Was just going to post this. Wonder what is going on in Madison, and I wonder if we will try to get back involved? I like Burch more then Clarke, and Watts more then Burch.

Close
B8N1sURCUAA2cZo.jpg:large

Well we've got #5 and #14 on that list so let's get #4 too!

perhaps we can have Pickard give him a call, explain to him the merits of flipping from Wisconsin to Cuse.

it's warmer too...by about 6 degrees in the winter on average
That's why Green Bay likes home field in the playoffs, good chance of below freezing, and a snowstorm.

Guess there are some other players on the preferred list

I wouldn't read too much into him tweeting that letter. We're not recruiting him.

We're not recruiting a 4 star CB? Then why send the letter?
I'm just relaying what I've been told. We're focusing on Burrell and Burch. We haven't been in contact with Watts in more than a month. I'm guessing we had a lot of these letters ready to go and queued up weeks ago.

I'm just relaying what I've been told. We're focusing on Burrell and Burch. We haven't been in contact with Watts in more than a month. I'm guessing we had a lot of these letters ready to go and queued up weeks ago.
I trust your sources and I trust you, just sayin that letter was dated August 1st. I'd be interested to see who else got them. And, the staff can't put all their eggs inn he Burrell/Burch basket. Gotta keep them doors open.

I trust your sources and I trust you, just sayin that letter was dated August 1st. I'd be interested to see who else got them. And, the staff can't put all their eggs inn he Burrell/Burch basket. Gotta keep them doors open.
You can date a typed up letter for any date you want, though, and still have them ready in advance.

I'm just saying, from what I'm told we're definitely not going after Watts. We also sent one to a DE from Philly named Tymir Oliver, who are are also definitely not recruiting.

CuseLegacy said:

Now that's an offer. Nothing verbal. Dated 2 days ago. So if this kid were to say at some point he is committing to SU, I would expect us to honor it. If at some point we don't want him, I would expect us to tell him immediately and retract the offer.

Now that's an offer. Nothing verbal. Dated 2 days ago. So if this kid were to say at some point he is committing to SU, I would expect us to honor it. If at some point we don't want him, I would expect us to tell him immediately and retract the offer.
Yeah, now if he wanted to commit? I imagine we'd probably take him. But just, again, we're not actively recruiting him right now. As the person I spoke to said, Rashan Gary no doubt received one of these letters from us, too, but I am willing to bet we haven't spoken to him in months and months.

jekelish said:
Yeah, now if he wanted to commit? I imagine we'd probably take him. But just, again, we're not actively recruiting him right now. As the person I spoke to said, Rashan Gary no doubt received one of these letters from us, too, but I am willing to bet we haven't spoken to him in months and months.

You can make offers to long shots and not spend a lot of resources recruiting them. But then if they commit, I say you have to honor it. If we had zero interest in him why send a written offer?

Yes he could commit but he would still have to meet the requirements as stated in the letter.