Class of 2016 - DB Cycoby Burch (FL) Verbal to UMass | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Cycoby Burch (FL) Verbal to UMass

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-ridge-safety-cycoby-burch-20150212-post.html

West Virginia offers Oak Ridge safety Cycoby Burch

By Chris Hays Orlando Sentinelcontact the reporter
West Virginia. He was offered by Mountaineers' assistant coach Joe DeForest.

"It boosts my confidence a lot to know that I'm being looked at ... I can get a free education to start my life as a man and get over all of the adversity I've been through in my life."

Burch, who also holds offers from USF and Temple, spoke on the phone with DeForest.

"He said I could fit right in," Burch said. "He likes my abilities as a safety and that I have good character and that I'm a good kid."
Burch had an impressive junior season for the Pioneers, who went 9-2, losing in the first round of the state playoffs. He had six interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns.

Burch is the No. 15-ranked player in the Sentinel's 2016 Central Florida Super60.

Really starting to dislike them. Congrats to the young man, however

I kinda like this development. Could explain Devon Clarke being very quiet lately which is not like him

Really impressive highlight film. Ball hawk. Playmaker.

Would he be rated higher than Clarke? Any idea why he decommitted from UW?

Would he be rated higher than Clarke? Any idea why he decommitted from UW?

Sounds like he tried to commit but the Wisconsin staff didn't take his commitment.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2015/5/15/8613097/cycoby-burch-wisconsin-recruiting

Wisconsin's fifth commitment for 2016 announced his intentions Monday night when three-star safety Cycoby Burch from Orlando (Oak Ridge), Fla., decided he was ready to be a Badger.

Burch is a ballhawk, a 6'1, 190-pound, three-star safety. As 247Sports' No. 84 athlete for 2016, he's definitely a worthy addition for the Badgers... but then came reason for Wisconsin fans to pump the breaks when 247's Evan Flood reported that Burch's commit was not quite official.

I know what you're thinking. You've seen tweets of congratulations from commits like Kare' Lyles and Antonio Williams. Why the hesitation on the Badgers' end? Simple. You click the link on the tweet from Flood and you'll see that this is a situation of crossing the academic t's and dotting those i's. As we all know, those #reasons have reared their ugly head in the past two seasons.

This is a situation that should resolve itself quickly, however. When it does, we'll get another quality piece for the class of 2016.

http://madtownbadgers.com/uncategor...ycoby-burch-no-longer-a-take-for-badgers.html

That leaves Wisconsin with three spots for safeties and Burch back to the drawing board. While the official reasons for UW backing off aren’t being made public, sources are saying there is nothing on the legal side of things.

One of the hurdles Burch needed to jump over was giving a copy of his transcript to UW, and apparently that was the one that tripped him up.

Why do you say that, because we don't want him?

Grades - Indiana and Syracuse have higher academic standards. In the article further up in this thread it was said that the reason why Wisconsin wouldn't take his committment is because his grades weren't in order.

So as far as safeties goes, there is Burrell , Clarke, and Burch and it looks slim on all them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom