Class of 2020 - DB David Obeng-Agyapong (NY) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DB David Obeng-Agyapong (NY)

I don’t think that’s it. His twitter profile says class of 2020. He’s also a 5’10” Ath according to his profile.

he also tweeted he was accepted into3 schools earlier this year, including an SU admissions letter. I don’t think he’s a FB guy. Or at least not a scholarship one

I don’t think that’s it. His twitter profile says class of 2020. He’s also a 5’10” Ath according to his profile.

he also tweeted he was accepted into 3 schools earlier this year, including an SU admissions letter. I don’t think he’s a FB guy. Or at least not a scholarship one

Has to be a Walk-on.

He was part of a Dewitt Clinton track really team that finished 1st and 2nd in the 4x100 and 4x400 relays at the Mayor’s Cup last year in NYC. Looks like he transferred to JFK for his senior season.

His brother played at Penn State, had a big game when they beat us 23-17 in 2013.

I watched his highlight tape and was impressed. He can get to the corner and I didn’t see him get caught from behind. Very agile too. Could be very good on special teams, especially as a punt returner.

Think he has to work in the weight room to get stronger (looks about 170 now). If he does, he could conceivably make an impact.

Do we actually know he’s joining the FB team as a PWO?

He could be a track recruit who wants to try out for football, as well.

h c

I know David and he’s a fantastic young man. Definitely has wheels and is an all around great athlete who works just as hard in practice as games & off field too. He’s still developing physically so if he can impress Dino enough to have a chance to grow in our S&C program and meal plan I think he can become a contributor.
He understands what he needs to do: try out to walk on when he gets to campus. Right now he’s just working hard to be ready to impress the staff when he gets a chance.
Great kid to root for

He enrolled last fall with the plan to try out as a walk on. Unfortunately thanks to covid the team was closed to new walk ons.
So he stayed patient, studied and worked out at Archibald to stay in shape.
When things opened up a little in spring he successfully walked on.

the tweet was to celebrate executing his plan to walk on.

his brother was a scholarship player for Penn St. David is a talented athlete so def looking forward to following his path

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom