DB DeJuan Rogers Cuse offer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

DB DeJuan Rogers Cuse offer

Wish we could have gotten him to visit. Anyone know if this one is over?
he told me he's not interested in taking any other visits. This is his final decision. Things could change but that's what he said

Well, it keeps him close to home with a pretty decent team. I have not issues with his decision.

If you're going to get beat out by a MAC school for a recruit, Toledo is the one I'd want to get beat out by. That being said, I don't quite understand the thought process...if you only want to commit to a school that you visited, why include a school that you haven't visited yet in your final three?

Just another one off the list. You know, not to sound negative, but we really don't have alot of offers out there that look like solid locks. Be nice to start to be on the winning side, BOL to the kid, time to move on from this thread.

The one strange thing to me about his logic about not committing to a school he didn't visit. Why not visit and then decide? You only have 3 offers.

I think the kid was just happy to go to the home school in Toledo and probably knows a bunch of kids there. Its Just an hour from his home in Detroit. He took lots of visits there and his mind was probably made up a while ago. Family and friends can see all his games. Hard to recruit against that if that is what the kid wants.

So who is next in line for a CB offer?

hopefully we land rashard robinson out of florida ... up against the big boys for his services ... in his top 5 though

hopefully we land rashard robinson out of florida ... up against the big boys for his services ... in his top 5 though

Top 3 of FSU, LSU and Oklahoma and he wants to play at a school with big crowds...wouldn't get your hopes up.

Just another one off the list. You know, not to sound negative, but we really don't have alot of offers out there that look like solid locks. Be nice to start to be on the winning side, BOL to the kid, time to move on from this thread.
Never heard you sound positive.

We are up there for a lot of kids still on the board. When recruiting against top schools for "impact players" you don't get many guys that are solid locks. You have to actually *gasp* recruit.

Think this might open up an offer for Chauncey Scizzum though, we apparently said we were only taking 1 DB this year.

Never heard you sound positive.

We are up there for a lot of kids still on the board. When recruiting against top schools for "impact players" you don't get many guys that are solid locks. You have to actually *gasp* recruit.
Stop being so defensive, "orangeuhappy" with things? We have alot of kids on the board every year, just made the statement would be nice to start getting some of our higher picks to help DM with his turn around. Experts that know alot more about football than either of us are calling this DMs most important recruiting year period, so what the hay! We have a long way to go, were slow out of the gate, then had a flurry, and since have had a bunch of miss calls. The anxiety is out there, albeit at different levels, for all of us.

Stop being so defensive, "orangeuhappy" with things? We have alot of kids on the board every year, just made the statement would be nice to start getting some of our higher picks to help DM with his turn around. Experts that know alot more about football than either of us are calling this DMs most important recruiting year period, so what the hay! We have a long way to go, were slow out of the gate, then had a flurry, and since have had a bunch of miss calls. The anxiety is out there, albeit at different levels, for all of us.

The only thing wrong with this statement is you seem to think you know who the coaching staffs higher picks are. I'm not privvy to that info, and I apologize if you are, but I think bnoro is one of the board members that in fact is. So if he's happy with the guys we're landing, based on where our staff has them rated, then it does tend to carry a bit of weight.

FWIW, I tend to think we've already started to get some of our "higher picks" last year already. Not sure we'll ever land them all but we are getting quite a few it appears.

The only thing wrong with this statement is you seem to think you know who the coaching staffs higher picks are. I'm not privvy to that info, and I apologize if you are, but I think bnoro is one of the board members that in fact is. So if he's happy with the guys we're landing, based on where our staff has them rated, then it does tend to carry a bit of weight.

FWIW, I tend to think we've already started to get some of our "higher picks" last year already. Not sure we'll ever land them all but we are getting quite a few it appears.
I respect his opinion, and so much the better if he is associated with the board. I do want what is best for the program, and will continue to support it, but it has been a long last 12 years to say the least, and maybe a little bit of frustration is there. OK, alot. :)

I promissed him not to say "star" or jump to these other sites as the go to sites, and I am new on this one so obviously don't know everyone. I appreciate the comments and will take it as constructive criticism for future posts! In the end, we all want the Orange to succeed, that is what is important.

I respect his opinion, and so much the better if he is associated with the board. I do want what is best for the program, and will continue to support it, but it has been a long last 12 years to say the least, and maybe a little bit of frustration is there. OK, alot. :)

I promissed him not to say "star" or jump to these other sites as the go to sites, and I am new on this one so obviously don't know everyone. I appreciate the comments and will take it as constructive criticism for future posts! In the end, we all want the Orange to succeed, that is what is important.

No doubt, we're all (varying levels of) frusterated but it's looking more promising than it has in the years prior. Every Cuse fan expects better than where we have recently been but where we currently are is much further ahead of where we were a few years back.

Once we're back in the top 25 again, things will begin to feel normal again with Cuse football.

No doubt, we're all (varying levels of) frusterated but it's looking more promising than it has in the years prior. Every Cuse fan expects better than where we have recently been but where we currently are is much further ahead of where we were a few years back.

Once we're back in the top 25 again, things will begin to feel normal again with Cuse football.
Couldn't agree more......then I'll start complaining we aren't getting any 5 stars like JB! SUball

Couldn't agree more......then I'll start complaining we aren't getting any 5 stars like JB! SUball

Ha! Yeah I'm so optimisitic it hurts sometimes but realistically the current staff might be on to a winning formula.
Time will tell but the divergence of the hoops and football programs since the late 90s is staggering. Keep in mind that JB has just recently started landing "5 star" big offer list players with regularity in the last 5-10 years if that's your measuring stick for success.

Top 3 of FSU, LSU and Oklahoma and he wants to play at a school with big crowds...wouldn't get your hopes up.

There will be posters that are pissed we aren't bringing kids like this in... The transition is happening, to be "competing for kids with these big boys is definitely a step up. Winning games is crucial to being able to pull a kid like this every now and again, and for what we need to be successful, that works...

Ha! Yeah I'm so optimisitic it hurts sometimes but realistically the current staff might be on to a winning formula.
Time will tell but the divergence of the hoops and football programs since the late 90s is staggering. Keep in mind that JB has just recently started landing "5 star" big offer list players with regularity in the last 5-10 years if that's your measuring stick for success.
Nope...NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS and outright in the mix most years is my humble expectation!

Free Article
"It feels great," he said. "I'm glad I made the decision. The coaches showed me a lot of love and this is a great place to be."

"I chose Toledo because it was one of the best places I've seen. I didn't see every school that offered me, but I liked Toledo and I liked how Coach Campbell was really involved in my recruitment."

Rogers will start out as a corner, but can also play safety if necessary. He believes the coaching staff can get him to his full potential, and the effort they put into his recruitment was a large part of his decision.

"Coach McDonald, he's a great guy. That's who I was really talking to at first and then Coach Campbell, he did a great job as a head coach because he was talking to me, which other head coaches didn't do and we talked and that's when I really knew that Toledo really liked me."