Class of 2022 - DB Isaiah Johnson (MI / Dartmouth) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/7/22) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DB Isaiah Johnson (MI / Dartmouth) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/7/22)

Great HS program. That has to be the connection here.

6-3, so good size. Played some corner at Dartmouth.

2019 - suffered a season-ending injury during warmups before the Ivy League opener at Penn.

dam

This young man is a grad transfer and was first team Ivy League CB in 2021.

6'3", 205 is excellent size for a CB.

Our secondary projects to still be relatively young in 2022 with 1 RS Sr, 1 Jr, 3 RS So, 4 So, 2 RS Fr and 4 Fr. So, adding a Grad transfer Jr fits well (two years of eligibility). Isaiah could compete to fill the snaps vacated by Adrian Cole.

He also has offers from Colorado, Western Michigan, Grambling, Tulane, UNC Charlotte, Miami Oh, U Mass, UT-Martin, Eastern Kentucky, Samford and Youngstown St..

I like a player like this. With his size he could be a hybrid CB/S. I'd love to see us use three CB's at times (clear passing situations). He could match up well with some of the bigger receivers in the ACC, leaving Deuce and GW (both 6') to match up with shorter guys.

Last edited:
This guy would boost the APR as an absolute worst case. Best case.. haven’t seen many 6’4” CB’s in the NFL. Hope his hips are on a swivel, but don’t see a downside.

I was waiting for them to offer this kid. They have some other CB's they're looking at also.
Looking all over for cover guys. Do you think Johnson would stay at CB here?

This young man is a grad transfer and was first team Ivy League CB in 2021.

6'3", 205 is excellent size for a CB.

Our secondary projects to still be relatively young in 2022 with 1 RS Sr, 1 Jr, 3 RS So, 4 So, 2 RS Fr and 4 Fr. So, adding a Grad transfer Jr fits well (two years of eligibility). Isaiah could compete to fill the snaps vacated by Adrian Cole.

He also has offers from Colorado, Western Michigan, Grambling, Tulane, UNC Charlotte, Miami Oh, U Mass, UT-Martin, Eastern Kentucky, Samford and Youngstown St..

I like a player like this. With his size he could be a hybrid CB/S. I'd love to see us use three CB's at times (clear passing situations). He could match up well with some of the bigger receivers in the ACC, leaving Deuce and GW (both 6') to match up with shorter guys.
He would be a nice replacement/upgrade for Cole.

Has the ability to play a couple of positions, which is so nice in our 3-3-5.

I would think since he missed almost all of 2019 due to injury that he could apply for a medical redshirt since he never redshirted. So he may actually be a 2 year guy.