Class of 2022 - DB Isaiah Johnson (MI / Dartmouth) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/7/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DB Isaiah Johnson (MI / Dartmouth) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/7/22)

Isaiah,

57C82EB6-9A53-4838-8C7F-5EB8AB5EB80A.gif

Time to get greedy
My understanding is that he is set to graduate from Dartmouth after the spring semester. He wants to get his degree from Dartmouth and is going to stay there and get it.

So he is not going to transfer immediately and is not in a great hurry to make a decision.

If he comes, it will be one of the very rare times when a transfer heads south from his current college to transfer to Syracuse.

Mark Cubit and Ethan Cole come to mind. There might be others, but that is all I have.

My understanding is that he is set to graduate from Dartmouth after the spring semester. He wants to get his degree from Dartmouth and is going to stay there and get it.

So he is not going to transfer immediately and is not in a great hurry to make a decision.

If he comes, it will be one of the very rare times when a transfer heads south from his current college to transfer to Syracuse.

Mark Cubit and Ethan Cole come to mind. There might be others, but that is all I have.
Lelan Rogers!

Ethan Cole ventured south an a few fronts, most notably geographically and output :)

I’d be surprised if he isn’t Orange why end of today. Think he’s been ours for a while to be honest

Secondary would be LOADED with quality athletes, if we're able to add this kid on top of the other transfers.

Back 7 would be phenomenal. Lots of young, talented components on the DL, too, but a little less proven.

I think he's ours for several reasons:
  1. He spoke with our #1 student recruiter: Duce "Swag Daddy" Chestnut.
  2. Mikel knows players on his Dartmouth team. Ohana stuff.
  3. Hosted by 6th year grad student Coley whose Michigan angle is to our favor. Impressive they would entrust Coley with this mission.
  4. Plus we're a small-ish private university, not unlike Dartmouth. Maybe Jake C puts in a good word for us.
But what do I know? If I were being recruited that'd cinch it for me. We'll find out on the 7th.

Meanwhile I'm really excited to see if any blue chip, unpublicized guys sign-up on Wednesday, the 2nd NLI day.

LGO baby!

Keene, NH (lat. 42.93) is actually slightly south of Syracuse (lat. 43.04).

Found it very interesting that Coley was his host. Happy that he's sticking around in spite of his stepfather being let go. Nice that Johnson has 2 years of eligibility. Wonder what we're going to do with all these DB's.
Coley being his host speaks volumes about Dino. 1 winning season and the kids still seem to like and respect him. Huge

Word?
He says he is going to announce his decision on February 7th.

So coming dates for SU Football:

February 2nd Late NLOI Day
February 7th Isaiah Decision Day
April 1 Spring Game

The start of spring practices is unknown. They started on 3/30 last year but the schedule was screwed up because of COVID.

In 2020, spring practice started 3/8 and ended with the spring game 4/18. If we have a similar timeline this year, I would think we will start spring practice about 2/18.