Class of 2020 - DB Jared Greenfield (CA) Verbal to Oregon | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DB Jared Greenfield (CA) Verbal to Oregon

Is he big enough for corner?
I'm tired of having cover guys that aren't at least 6-0+, and prefer when they are about 6-2 and still fast.

Is he big enough for corner?
I'm tired of having cover guys that aren't at least 6-0+, and prefer when they are about 6-2 and still fast.
Those dudes who are 6’2” long and fast don’t grow on trees. Not exactly unicorns but there aren’t that many guys out there who fit that description and have a background playing corner.

There’s a reason the average CB height in the nfl is still well under 6’2” and it’s because most of those guys are just not that size. There’s been a huge uptick in the past few years since Richard Sherman burst into the scene in Seattle, but those guys are still rare

Someone needs to tell him the the PAC is the “old” fast. OITNF! Come East young man!

Those dudes who are 6’2” long and fast don’t grow on trees. Not exactly unicorns but there aren’t that many guys out there who fit that description and have a background playing corner.

There’s a reason the average CB height in the nfl is still well under 6’2” and it’s because most of those guys are just not that size. There’s been a huge uptick in the past few years since Richard Sherman burst into the scene in Seattle, but those guys are still rare

If you look at our current DBs, you will see the following:

Iffy Melifonwu 6-3
DuWayne Johnson 6-3
Trill Williams 6-2
Devon Clarke 6-2
Cam Jonas 6-1
Evan Foster 6-0
Andre Cisco 6-0
Alan Stritzinger 6-0
Scoop Bradshaw 5-11

We've got a lot of size back there, as you can see.

I, for one, am glad that we seem to be done recruiting 5-9 and 5-10 cornerbacks who have to defend big ACC WR's who can go 6-5 and taller. I hate being outmanned on jump balls in the endzone.

If you look at our current DBs, you will see the following:

Iffy Melifonwu 6-3
DuWayne Johnson 6-3
Trill Williams 6-2
Devon Clarke 6-2
Cam Jonas 6-1
Evan Foster 6-0
Andre Cisco 6-0
Alan Stritzinger 6-0
Scoop Bradshaw 5-11

We've got a lot of size back there, as you can see.

I, for one, am glad that we seem to be done recruiting 5-9 and 5-10 cornerbacks who have to defend big ACC WR's who can go 6-5 and taller. I hate being outmanned on jump balls in the endzone.
Also
Garrett Williams 6'-0"
Arman Greenwood 6'-0"
Cornelius Nunn 6'-0"
Adrian Cole 5'-11"

Also
Garrett Williams 6'-0"
Arman Greenwood 6'-0"
Cornelius Nunn 6'-0"
Adrian Cole 5'-11"

So out of 13 DBs currently on our roster, only 2 are less than six feet tall, and they are both 5-11.

Sure looks strange seeing SU up there with those other 4. Would like to get this kid. I wonder how serious he is.

He just started attending Narbonne HS this year. Before that he lived and played football two years in Utah.

Narbonne is Sean Riley's HS. His old coaches have visited SU several times and there seems to be a strong relationship with the SU coaches.

Sure looks strange seeing SU up there with those other 4. Would like to get this kid. I wonder how serious he is.

I like that we're placed in the center of the grouping.

Jared Greenfield cuts his list to five

“I plan to make my commitment on June 10,” Greenfield said. “That’s a special day to me and where I grew up so that’s why I chose that date. I’m done with visits and and just focusing on spring ball now.

He never made it to campus, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom