Class of 2021 - DB Kani Walker (GA) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Kani Walker (GA) Offered

Read in an article that he has "a lot of interest in Syracuse" following his visit.
Correction: According to the article I read, it's 4 star DB Duce Chestnut who "has a lot of interest" in Syracuse following his visit. Oddly enough, he cited the facilities at Syracuse, most specifically the dorms, as his favorite thing.

Last edited:
I would rather have Duce Chestnut.

Last edited:
Louisville has been strong on the recruiting trail. However if they have a bad season I could see a number of decommits.

Louisville has been strong on the recruiting trail. However if they have a bad season I could see a number of decommits.
Yes they are definitely doing good. They did better than expected in their first year as a staff. There’s evidence and guys are hoping on the boat. They might even get Deion Sanders son.

Yes they are definitely doing good. They did better than expected in their first year as a staff. There’s evidence and guys are hoping on the boat. They might even get Deion Sanders son.
Hopefully they hit a brutal brickwall at the Dome this season.

Hopefully they hit a brutal brickwall at the Dome this season.
We need answers for Cunningham and Atwell. Wasn't pretty last year. Hopefully the new scheme and personnel will be the answer.

Last edited:
We need answers for Cunningham and Atwell. Wasn't pretty last year.
Im hoping the addition of the rover, along with a more imposing LB core will help here. Im not worried about our corner and safeties anymore. Looking at big years, I’m thinking, for Iffy and Trill.

We need answers for Cunningham and Atwell. Wasn't pretty last year. Hopefully the new scheme and personnel will be the answer.
Along with BC, Louisville game was most frustrating to watch. We had no answer. They ran the ball how ever they wanted. When they passed, guys were wide open. If we had any type of pulse defensively we could have won that game. They couldn't stop us on offense.

Last edited:
Im hoping the addition of the rover, along with a more imposing LB core will help here. Im not worried about our corner and safeties anymore. Looking at big years, I’m thinking, for Iffy and Trill.
Along with BC, Louisville game was most frustrating to watch. We had no answer. The ran the ball how ever they wanted. When they passed, guys were wide open. If we had any type of pulse defensively we could have won that game. They couldn't stop us on offense.
Agree. They did whatever they wanted against our D. Once they got in space it didn't matter what our LB's, safeties or corners did. They're like lightning in a bottle.

T-25 has a point about our (improved) downfield cover guys and big fast LB's. I think the only way to beat them is to contain Cunningham behind the LOS and lean on our downfield cover guys to jam Atwell and use their size against him.

Last edited:
I was actually somewhat encourage in this game - yes even though we got thumped. The score was 7-3 and we'd just forced them to a 3 and out punt. Sean Riley promptly fumbles the punt giving LVille the ball right back at the 30 yard line and they score on their next snap. It's now 14-3 instead of us having the ball.

The next drive is killer #1 for us. We needed to respond and didn't. We have 2nd and 4 and end up punting. LVill scores again it's 21-3. We then score our own TD and at 21-10 it's still a game. Then we trade punts. Killer #2 for us now happens when LVille takes our punt and scores on a 90 yard pass play to go up 28-10. End 1st half.

I was encouraged by a few things. I liked that our offense moved the ball again coming off the 49 pt output at Duke as new OLine continued to gel. We had 510 yards of offense and only gave up 2 sacks. We came out in the 3rd Q and scored on our first 4 possessions of the 2nd half (24 points). That was really really positive. After intercepting a LVille pass on their 30 yard line we had a chance to make the game either 49-37 or 49-41 and instead we turned the ball over on downs. Not good, but still we were there. Mid 4th we still had a reasonable chance getting the ball back again at 49-34 and turn it over again on downs. I think we were more in the game at times than the 56-34 score indicates.

The other overlooked play was killer #3 when we open the 2nd half with a FG, kickoff and Hassan Hall returns it 70 yards. LVille scores one play later. Just 3 real crushing plays in that game change everything.

Anyhow, our defense got really beat up. Need to rectify that. Our offense started clicking in the last 3 games of the season. We get the offense on track everything changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom