Class of 2016 - DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers

▲★✞Patrice Rene✞★▼™@PatriceRene6 9h
Need that good night sleep tonight.. Syracuse Camp Tomorrow!!

2016 DB Patrice Rene Canada..
-- Michigan State has a couple of Canadian players on its roster, and a group from Gridiron Academy drew a lot of attention at SMSB.
Leading the way was 2016 St. Peter's (Ottawa) cornerback Patrice Rene, who picked up an offer Saturday.
"I think this weekend went pretty well for me, it was pretty great," he said. "I picked up my first offer (Saturday), from Akron, and I'm really happy. I think I had a great performance, but there still is room for improvement. I can't be satisfied, I have to keep working."
Akron wasn't alone in taking notice of the 6-foot-1 cornerback, as Michigan State, Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin were among those who talked with Rene.
"They all like what they see in me," he said. "I'm still young and for my age I have that talent and for my size, you don't really see a 6-1 defensive back that often, so that's something they really liked in me."
Rene grew up a fan of a couple of Big Ten schools in particular, but a recent visit brought MSU to the radar.
"As a kid, I always like Michigan and Ohio State because of the rivalry," Rene said, "but we recently visited Michigan State with the quarterback Michael O'Connor. So that really opened my eyes to Michigan State.
"I loved the facilities and Coach (Mark) Dantonio and I met the defensive backs coach, too. So I really started liking Michigan State, too."
Rene will be looking to move to the United States either this year or next to play football. He mentioned current possibilities include Cass Tech, Philadelphia's Imhotep Charter and somewhere in Texas.

Ottawa is a nice easy drive to Syracuse...love the city.

which could be a difference. he has said he would like to play close to home. obviously long ways to go, but something to keep in mind

Anybody know if he's going to leave for the states or is he going to stay here

CanadianSU said:
Anybody know if he's going to leave for the states or is he going to stay here

Could be going to IMG in Fla or another school I forget next year. Either or

1. ▲★✞ Patrice Rene ✞★▼ ‏@PatriceRene6 Feb 13
  2. And off we go!! Great weekend ahead! Starting off our 5 day trip with visits to U of Buffalo and to The Ohio State University! #Bang
  1. #COMPETE ‏@core6athletes Feb 7
    Class of 2016 Patrice Rene one of many talented athletes from Canada that will be attending the CORE6 SHOWCASE in OHIO next Sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom