Class of 2019 - DB Semar Melvin (FL) Portal from Wisconsin | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DB Semar Melvin (FL) Portal from Wisconsin

ACC, SEC schools take the lead for 2019 three-star CB Semar Melvin

Semar Melvin
, a 2019 defensive back, is not quite ready to go all in with one suitor, but dishes out the two schools soaking up his full attention with the offseason now in full swing.

A junior at powerhouse Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas, the 5-foot-11, 160-pound Melvin is labeled as the 48th-ranked cornerback on 247Sports.

"As of now, my top schools that I have interest in are Virginia Tech and Kentucky," Melvin said.

The three-star prospect, who holds near double-digit offers, takes it a step further by breaking down the aforementioned schools with 247Sports.

Kentucky: "Kentucky will always be a top school to me because they were my first offer. I like the direction that the program is heading in, and I like how they’re giving a lot of young players opportunities to play other than having them wait for their opportunities.

"Big things are happening for that program and I would love to visit there soon."

Virginia Tech: "I love the history they have, from Michael Vick to Tyrod Taylor, to my favorite corner that is in the league right now, Kendall Fuller. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always liked this school. I would play with them in all of the NCAA games.

"I love how they play. They’re extremely aggressive and smart in their style of play. This school caught my attention from the moment they offered and I would love to visit there soon."

Melvin has yet to lock in any campus visit dates, but knows of a trio of schools that will definitely play host at some point.

"Kentucky, Virginia Tech and Syracuse," Melvin said.

Melvin is currently ranked as a three-star prospect but that will likely change in the near future. The 6-foot, 155-pound standout impressed against elite level wide receivers during Sunday’s event and showed that he has coverage skills to go along with his impressive length. Melvin holds a handful of major offers as things stand now, but his list has only begun to grow. He has the chance to be a truly elite defensive back in the 2019 class.

Come on down Melvinor come on up. This is the type we used to get in the late 80 's and 90's ala Marcus Paul and Abraham I think was from Florida also. Man would he help. Seems like a good kid too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom