DC to Camden Yards travel advice

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
Hi folks, going to be in DC for a conference next month and am hoping to hit Camden Yards for a game or two in my evening time. I've been to the Nationals Park before but never Camden Yards.

It looks like my hotel in DC has fairly easy train access up to Camden Yards, but I'm wondering if the trains run late enough in the evening to catch back? I'd swallow the cost of an Uber/Lyft ride if I have to, but would prefer going by public transit if possible.

Bayside44

Staff member
Check the MARC schedule - honestly I though the train to Baltimore was discontinued.

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
OK, so it looks like getting up there is no problem, but getting back down I'd need some Lyft/Uber action.

Shenexon

All American
I think Amtrak could work for you as well: Amtrak - Reservations - Fare Finder . There are a lot of daily trains from Penn Station in Baltimore to Union Station in DC. Penn Station is still about 20 blocks from Camden Yards so you might want to pick up a Lyft or Uber just to get there, but there seem to be a bunch of evening trains...

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
I think Amtrak could work for you as well: Amtrak - Reservations - Fare Finder . There are a lot of daily trains from Penn Station in Baltimore to Union Station in DC. Penn Station is still about 20 blocks from Camden Yards so you might want to pick up a Lyft or Uber just to get there, but there seem to be a bunch of evening trains...
Good call, I'll check that out.

Chip

Living Legend
Yes, Uber/Lyft to the train station. I'd probably advise against that particular walk at 10 pm. Or 2 pm. Or on a day that ends in y.

CarolinaCuse

2nd String
Agreed. Getting up to to Baltimore won't be the issue as much as getting back to DC after the game.

Top Bottom