DC to Camden Yards travel advice | Syracusefan.com

DC to Camden Yards travel advice

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Hi folks, going to be in DC for a conference next month and am hoping to hit Camden Yards for a game or two in my evening time. I've been to the Nationals Park before but never Camden Yards.

It looks like my hotel in DC has fairly easy train access up to Camden Yards, but I'm wondering if the trains run late enough in the evening to catch back? I'd swallow the cost of an Uber/Lyft ride if I have to, but would prefer going by public transit if possible.

OK, so it looks like getting up there is no problem, but getting back down I'd need some Lyft/Uber action.

I think Amtrak could work for you as well: Amtrak - Reservations - Fare Finder . There are a lot of daily trains from Penn Station in Baltimore to Union Station in DC. Penn Station is still about 20 blocks from Camden Yards so you might want to pick up a Lyft or Uber just to get there, but there seem to be a bunch of evening trains...

I think Amtrak could work for you as well: Amtrak - Reservations - Fare Finder . There are a lot of daily trains from Penn Station in Baltimore to Union Station in DC. Penn Station is still about 20 blocks from Camden Yards so you might want to pick up a Lyft or Uber just to get there, but there seem to be a bunch of evening trains...
Good call, I'll check that out.

Yes, Uber/Lyft to the train station. I'd probably advise against that particular walk at 10 pm. Or 2 pm. Or on a day that ends in y.

Agreed. Getting up to to Baltimore won't be the issue as much as getting back to DC after the game.

Inner Harbor area - fun? Safe at night? Clean and decent hotel suggestions? Restaurants? Bars?

Looking at one night there.

Never been to Baltimore at all.

Inner Harbor area - fun? Safe at night? Clean and decent hotel suggestions? Restaurants? Bars?

You should be fine. Wouldn't stray too far from the area though.

I've been - and the inner harbor seemed fine (that was maybe 3 or 4 years ago)

I just hired a guy that moved up from Baltimore - he should be the office on Wednesday, if you want some locals advice, I can ping him next week. He jokes a lot about shootings, and had mentioned something going down in that area recently. Which isn't a great sign, but he does tell some funny stories about the cops, with my favorite being that they did a drive-by shooting on a cow that got loose in the city a few years ago.

I've been - and the inner harbor seemed fine. Not in a bit though.

I just hired a guy that moved up from Baltimore - he should be the office on Wednesday, if you want some locals advice, I can ping him next week. He jokes a lot about shootings, and had mentioned something going down in that area recently. Which isn't a great sign, but he does tell some funny stories about the cops, with my favorite being that they did a drive-by shooting on a cow that got loose in the city a few years ago.

I’ve never once worried about my safety in any city. But all I know about Baltimore comes from the media, The Wire, and that Carmelo commercial where there where helicopters over head.

I’ve never once worried about my safety in any city. But all I know about Baltimore comes from the media, The Wire, and that Carmelo commercial where there where helicopters over head.

Yeah, I only know the Inner Harbor area, and it seemed quite safe. I get the feeling it's a city you don't want to drift around aimlessly in at night though. I think the danger is a bit different than in Chicago or NY, where you have to make a pretty decent effort to find some troubled area. I could be wrong though - that's only going off what I hear/see. I saw nothing when I was there.

The corruption in the political scene though, my god, that guy I work with runs through that for me at times, I should read more about it. The stories are INSANE about the mayoral races - much better than The Wire.

My sister lived near there, here's what she said:

So in federal hill and fells point there's a great burger place called The Abbey Burger Bistro. Make your own burger kind of place and super delicious, more casual. He could go up to Sammy's (the Italian place) theres a delicious Afghani restaurant called Helmand up that way too. In the actual harbor there's capital grille which is fancy and delicious. Miss Shirley's Cafe is one of the most popular breakfast places in the city

Inner Harbor is fine. Fells Point is fine. Federal Hill is fine. Good times to be had at all.

Wander north and west a couple miles and Omar coming.

Stayed overnight after a Bruce show at Royal Farms, and had a very early flight the next day. The drive outta downtown was, interesting...

I've been a few times and always stayed in the Harbor area. Highest recommendation for the crab cakes at Faidley's. So stupidly good that I've had them shipped to me since. Chap's pit beef is a pretty famous spot but its not right downtown, need to drive like 5 miles to get there. It's pretty good but not a big deal if you miss it.

The 1st time I went was somewhere around 2005 when I was 21ish and didn't have GPS and got lost in the city and ended up in a spot with corner boys and cameras on the corners and almost crapped my pants. Thought Bodie and Poot were gonna roll up on me.

Love the inner harbor. Stay there. Do the aquarium and Camden Yards. Lots of food in the area. As I recall, the Blue Agave was really good, and an easy walk

This would’ve been 3/6-3/7...had bad vibes and pulled out.

Debating if I 1)Should’ve gotten it in before stuff hit the fan because I ain’t going there or anywhere else anytime soon... Or 2) Made a good call and probably saved myself from catching it by being out and about in that area, staying in hotels, eating out, bars, etc.

Im thinking 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom