Class of 2019 - DE Adisa Isaac (NY) Committed to Penn St | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE Adisa Isaac (NY) Committed to Penn St

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sort of surprised if what some are saying about PSU threatening to pull scholarship if he visits would keep kids from visiting.

To me it makes it abundantly transparent that said school or coach doesn't have your best interest at hand. It should scream to the parents as a red flag I would think as well.

From what I’ve been able to find, Canarsie HS is is a defunct public school that has been divided to smaller schools that I assume are still publicly funded.

My point is this, not that I’m encouraging politics get involved, but someone should remind the HS coach, that his facilities and paycheck are funded by year taxpayers of N.Y. State - some of whom pay taxes in upstate ny and support Syracuse University athletics.

I would have a problem with him preventing a New York kid from visiting a New York school if the player wants to do so.

The coach should be advocating on his behalf...

Last edited:
******Please dont take offense to this. ******
I am told that Adisa really really really likes Syracuse but is in love with Penn St. If he doesnt come up to the hill it has nothing to do with being told not to by Coach Franklin.

My source then b@#$% slapped me when i asked if Penn St urged Adisa not to visit. Quite embarrassingly he shrugged off "Syracuse's feel good little season " and pointed out that 2 Penn St verbal commits and a high recruit are visiting other teams as we speak 101 ranked wr David Bell visiting Purdue, Penn St COMMIT 120ranked John Dunmore visiting Mia right and 104ranked Noah Cain visiting Tenn as we speak. Those three he spouted off by name and said they probably have 6 other prospects visiting other schools this weekend. They cant control that. He smacked me again and said "the Penn St operation in mid Atlantic is bigger than Syracuse whole recruiting operation". Dont know how to quantify that but his point was taken.

My question to my fellow Orange fans and Alumn on this blog is this. If Coach Franklin hasn't stopped these guys below from visiting other schools this weekend, why do we think he stopped Adisa from coming up top? More importantly what evidence do you have that Franklin squeezed him out of visiting?

4 star #101David Bell wr(visiting Purdue)
4star #120 John Dunmore Penn St VERBAL Commit (visiting Mia)
4star #105 Noah Cain rb (visiting Tenn)
4star #256 Cornelius Johnson wr (visiting Mich)
3star #4 recruit in NY Jared Harrison-Haunte DT (visiting Mia)

Unfortunately IF he doesn't show up tomorrow its because he had already picked Penn St as indicated by his 6 or so visits to the school unofficially. It sucks because i really wanted this kid in Orange. But its encouraging that we are in play for top players in the state 2years in a row. Thats as good a takeaway as our success on the field this year.

Now if we can get Adisa's teamate Lamy Constant who is top NY state player in 2020 i would feel even better about our program and the sustainability of 9 or 10 win seasons. GET EM coach Babers!

I am told that Adisa really really really likes Syracuse but is in love with Penn St. If he doesnt come up to the hill it has nothing to do with being told not to by Coach Franklin.

My source then b@#$% slapped me when i asked if Penn St urged Adisa not to visit. Quite embarrassingly he shrugged off "Syracuse's feel good little season " and pointed out that 2 Penn St verbal commits and a high recruit are visiting other teams as we speak 101 ranked wr David Bell visiting Purdue, Penn St COMMIT 120ranked John Dunmore visiting Mia right and 104ranked Noah Cain visiting Tenn as we speak. Those three he spouted off by name and said they probably have 6 other prospects visiting other schools this weekend. They cant control that. He smacked me again and said "the Penn St operation in mid Atlantic is bigger than Syracuse whole recruiting operation". Dont know how to quantify that but his point was taken.

My question to my fellow Orange fans and Alumn on this blog is this. If Coach Franklin hasn't stopped these guys below from visiting other schools this weekend, why do we think he stopped Adisa from coming up top? More importantly what evidence do you have that Franklin squeezed him out of visiting?

Unfortunately IF he doesn't show up tomorrow its because he had already picked Penn St as indicated by his 6 or so visits to the school unofficially. It sucks because i really wanted this kid in Orange. But its encouraging that we are in play for top players in the state 2years in a row. Thats as good a takeaway as our success on the field this year.

Now if we can get Adisa's teamate Lamy Constant who is top NY state player in 2020 i would feel even better about our program and the sustainability of 9 or 10 win seasons. GET EM coach Babers!

We have even less of a chance with Constant. He is enamored with the bright lights.

FWIW I don’t think Isaac was told not to visit Syracuse. I just think his mind is made up and the visit wasn’t needed.

We have even less of a chance with Constant. He is enamored with the bright lights.

FWIW I don’t think Isaac was told not to visit Syracuse. I just think his mind is made up and the visit wasn’t needed.
I agree you dont visit a school 6x that you dont want to attend. But i am told he really "liked" Syracuse. I also wasn't told that he wont show up tomorrow. It seems alot of people on here know for sure he cancelled but not one will say how or why. Kinda frustrating

I wish we were playing those dirt bags in our bowl gam this year. It’d be great to smack them around real good.

Sorry folks but he’s not OVing Cuse. It wasn’t happening as of early this week but it not the type of thing anyone goes out of their way to announce.

Adisa was 100% planning to visit but PSU prob threatened his offer if he went (but that part is speculation)
Adisa would never disrespect Dino by announcing on Twitter that he is canceling a Cuse OV. It’s best for both Adisa and SU to just let it lie.

But things are changing now that we’re a ranked team. I think we’re gonna start getting these marquee city kids again soon ...
If he was seriously considering coming to SU, the threat of pulling the offer wouldn't matter to him as much. He could say, OK pull the offer, that just made my decision for me and have a nice day.

I hope it works out for him, historically with the NYC kids it doesn't seem to work out often when they go to these factory schools.

Man I’ve never felt such anger towards a team before. I can’t wait till we become the big bully in NY and can tell PSU to take a hike on players we want.
I'd rather be the sheepdog.

Fair enough.

Syracuse has a vested interest IMO to see NY kids be successful.

PSU could give a crap, just like any other factory big school.

Syracuse has a vested interest IMO to see NY kids be successful.

PSU could give a crap, just like any other factory big school.

I go back and forth on this. Factory schools still need to see their kids succeed to show new kids what they can do. Nassib's brother went to PSU as a walk on and became and All-American to me that shows the staff is doing something right. Now do I think Syracuse would treat him better and have more of a family feel to it hell yes, but a lot of these kids look (or are told by coaches) where the most NFL guys come from recently. We need to string together a few more years of 9-10 wins so our "feel good season" (man I hate that saying) is showing the rest of the world what we already know WE ARE BACK.
I wish Adisa the best wherever he ends up as he seems like a great kid and I hope he makes millions and millions to help take care of his family.

I don’t care too much to be honest. NY kids want to get out of the state, no surprise. We get kids to come to cold Syracuse from Florida and other southern areas. It all evens out.

In previous years this would be a kick to the _____ but this year, with all the other high quality players we’ve gotten, I literally don’t care at all.

We’ve been in these situations almost every year and there have been many high profile NY recruits that seem to like SU and we have a shot with and ultimately go with PSU or ND. This isn’t new. But it is different, this year we have enough legit players coming in, who cares.

Because the info came from a pay site.
Which one i subscribe to them all. Haven't seen it. 247/Cusenation never showed him visiting but they hardly ever show when kids visit us. For example it says we have had only 9 official visitors all year

Folks it's time to move on. Concentrate on the kids who have or are visiting. The kids that will probably sign next week.
Agreed... time to relax on this young man and his recruiting status. If he made it we will find out. If he didn't, then he didn't. If the true story about why he didn't great...if not no big deal. Wish him luck and don't be psychotic and move on. Some of you all are going to burn out if you can't throttle it back because it is likely our recruiting is going to get more lively, not less. Happy holidays!

If I’m looking at Penn St, I’m wondering why Franklin’s name came up for the USC job and if they have a plan to overcome the loss of their OC last year.

They are going to take a step back next year on offense. Franklin is overrated.

Might be more stable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors