Class of 2019 - DE Adisa Isaac (NY) Committed to Penn St | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE Adisa Isaac (NY) Committed to Penn St

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand the allure of going to such a rural school, in the middle of nowhere, for someone who grew up the NYC. Their stadium is surrounded by pasture and smells overwhelmingly of cow dung.

If you grew up on a farm in Pennsylvania, therefore got a bad education and don’t know about better, sure, go there. It is a great place to learn about rotating corn and soybeans and how to destroy the environment by fracking.

Agree, but kids somehow get taken by the used car salesman pitches by Franklin. They see that white out with 100k and that goes a long way...

Thats fine. They’ll enjoy losing to Nebraska and Ohio State for the next decade

Penn state and Michigan are about to come back to earth. Frost and Meyer are in another league.

PSU gets 90+ every time they play at home. Many people wonder why basketball players go to SU. Well, 25-30K watch them every time they play at home. PSU is a selector in football but not hoop and SU is a selector in hoop but not football. This is attractive to many players and I don't understand why people (fans) don't understand this. Playing in front of a lot of people is exciting and a HUGE draw to recruits no matter where that school is located.

PSU gets 90+ every time they play at home. Many people wonder why basketball players go to SU. Well, 25-30K watch them every time they play at home. PSU is a selector in football but not hoop and SU is a selector in hoop but not football. This is attractive to many players and I don't understand why people (fans) don't understand this. Playing in front of a lot of people is exciting and a HUGE draw to recruits no matter where that school is located.
I think its more about the whole raping thing and the staff/school/city/fanbase not caring.

I think its more about the whole raping thing and the staff/school/city/fanbase not caring.

I think a lot of it is jealousy as well. I get the crap PSU pulled and they should have been punished a heck of a lot harder than they were but let's face it, they have a ton of fans that are always going to be there and SU does not and that is a huge pull. It is obvious that these recruits have put that criminal activity behind them as PSU is winning and selecting who they want and almost every time they offer a kid that SU offers the kid goes to PSU. We as fans can call them names or whatever and accuse them of this or that but facts are facts...100k is attractive to recruits and to many, 30K is not.

Lol. People get this. That part is something we will never compete in for football.

(I also think they prob have a better um ... flow of resources.)

Franklin is not a guy I’d send my kids to play for. And that fan base has made their priorities very clear. That’s not jealousy.

Lol. People get this. That part is something we will never compete in for football.

(I also think they prob have a better um ... flow of resources.)

Franklin is not a guy I’d send my kids to play for. And that fan base has made their priorities very clear. That’s not jealousy.

Call it whatever you want Cusian and I get it that you would never let your kid go there but it's obvious that many do and they are buying what PSU is selling. Let's also not pretend that SU is a saint here either.

I think a lot of it is jealousy as well. I get the crap PSU pulled and they should have been punished a heck of a lot harder than they were but let's face it, they have a ton of fans that are always going to be there and SU does not and that is a huge pull. It is obvious that these recruits have put that criminal activity behind them as PSU is winning and selecting who they want and almost every time they offer a kid that SU offers the kid goes to PSU. We as fans can call them names or whatever and accuse them of this or that but facts are facts...100k is attractive to recruits and to many, 30K is not.
I’m jealous of Clemson. Penn state can keep it’s pyrrhic victory of sustained success. They’re still well behind Ohio State and Frost’s going to return nebraska to the top 5.

I’m jealous of Clemson. Penn state can keep it’s pyrrhic victory of sustained success. They’re still well behind Ohio State and Frost’s going to return nebraska to the top 5.

I agree. Hopefully losing their OC will bring them back to a Franklin level of mediocrity that he known for.

If Frost can get Florida kids too...watch out.

In my mind it’s morality issue. I hated them before but after that nonsense I escalated my hate to a whole new level. That’s me personally.

Call it whatever you want Cusian and I get it that you would never let your kid go there but it's obvious that many do and they are buying what PSU is selling. Let's also not pretend that SU is a saint here either.

If JB paraded his program as a model of virtue to national media then his sins might be comparable to Paterno & State Penn.

Paterno championed “The Penn State Way” as an ethical program that developed the whole man rather than a football factory that swallowed its players.

The best part of this is at the end of his life it had been completely revealed how FOS his smug self righteousness was because of Sandusky.

He was a developer of men at the infinitely more expensive cost to young boys. And few affiliated with that institution understand it.

If JB paraded his program as a model of virtue to national media then his sins might be comparable to Paterno & State Penn.

Paterno championed “The Penn State Way” as an ethical program that developed the whole man rather than a football factory that swallowed its players.

The best part of this is at the end of his life it had been completely revealed how FOS his smug self righteousness was because of Sandusky.

He was a developer of men at the infinitely more expensive cost to young boys. And few affiliated with that institution understand it.

Well said and AMEN

I agree. Hopefully losing their OC will bring them back to a Franklin level of mediocrity that he known for.

If Frost can get Florida kids too...watch out.
Losing Morehead will definitely bring thwm back down to earth. They were a slow slog before him and to that they shall return.

Eventually, we're going to break through with one of these NYS blue chippers. Dino has the charisma to make that happen.

Not suggesting that Adisa Isaac will be the first, but we need ONE of those dominoes to topple our way instead of ND / PSU / OSU... we're due.

Eventually, we're going to break through with one of these NYS blue chippers. Dino has the charisma to make that happen.

Not suggesting that Adisa Isaac will be the first, but we need ONE of those dominoes to topple our way instead of ND / PSU / OSU... we're due.

I'm not sure what you mean by "NYS blue chipper," but I believe we got two of them last cycle: Trill Williams and Qadar White.

I talked to someone close to team today and they mentioned that the few guys who are 6’2” 290 and can move how we want them go to Alabama, Clemson, Ohio state, PED ST, Florida st, etc. we look for the 6’3-5” kid who is about 230-250 with speed and quickness. If they bulk up and keep speed dt. If not and they can bend, dip and rip style DE. We can maybe get them down road, just not now. Perfect example is Slayton and Black. Both DE out of hs turned into e xplosive 3 techs. Let’s kick some ars this year.

I talked to someone close to team today and they mentioned that the few guys who are 6’2” 290 and can move how we want them go to Alabama, Clemson, Ohio state, PED ST, Florida st, etc. we look for the 6’3-5” kid who is about 230-250 with speed and quickness. If they bulk up and keep speed dt. If not and they can bend, dip and rip style DE. We can maybe get them down road, just not now. Perfect example is Slayton and Black. Both DE out of hs turned into e xplosive 3 techs. Let’s kick some ars this year.
I wonder how Ruff is progressing in this role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom