Class of 2023 - DE Antonio Camon (FL) Verbal to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DE Antonio Camon (FL) Verbal to Pitt

Offers from PSU, WVU, UMD, USF, VT, Pitt, Kansas, Rutgers, FAU, Louisville, BC, Iowa St, Duke, Kentucky,
Ole Miss, CCU, Nebraska, FSU, UConn, Syracuse

Are these considered Junior season officials? I've seen in hoops where guys will take two sets of officials. Is it possible that Camon is able to take 5 more officials in the fall? I'm hoping he doesn't just surprised on his official list compared to his offer list.

Are these considered Junior season officials? I've seen in hoops where guys will take two sets of officials. Is it possible that Camon is able to take 5 more officials in the fall? I'm hoping he doesn't just surprised on his official list compared to his offer list.
No. With early signing these are his official visits. Kids want to get their visits out of the way and commit before their football practice and senior year of HS starts. He can't take more ovs later, only can take five paid visits.

Plus most kids in the South have finished their Junior year by June and are now considered to be rising Seniors.

Negative. You only get 5 paid visits. Very common now to see OVs in June.

Negative. You only get 5 paid visits. Very common now to see OVs in June.
So only basketball players can take a round of junior OVs and and senior OVs that are paid? JJ Starling just did that. And Kennedy Chandler did that as well.

So only basketball players can take a round of junior OVs and and senior OVs that are paid? JJ Starling just did that. And Kennedy Chandler did that as well.

You get 5 paid official visits. Either sport.

13.6.2.1.5 Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, an institution may provide a prospective student-athlete an expensepaid visit beginning April 1 of a prospective student-athlete’s junior year through the Sunday before the last Wednesday in June. However, an institution shall not provide a prospective student-athlete an expense-paid visit in conjunction with the prospective student-athlete's participation in an institutional camp or clinic. Thereafter, an institution may provide an expense-paid visit beginning September 1 of the prospective student-athlete's senior year in high school.

They have changed the OV schedule a little bit with early signing.

Last edited:
Actually MBB players get to take 10 OVs.

13.6.2.2.2 Men's Basketball. In men's basketball a prospective student-athlete may take a maximum of five expense-paid visits to Division I institutions from August 1 through July 31 of the prospective student-athlete's junior year of high school, five additional visits from August 1 of the prospective student-athlete's senior year of high school through October 14 following completion of high school and five visits beginning October 15 following completion of high school, including visits related to a possible transfer. These restrictions apply regardless of the number of sports in which the prospective student-athlete is involved. A prospective student-athlete is not required to graduate from high school in order to receive a permissible post-high school visit

False. Kennedy Chandler and JJ Starling both took 10. 5 junior year and 5 senior year. Anyways, hope we get Camon. Love the Florida guys, they're much more day 1 ready than most parts of the country.

Actually MBB players get to take 10 OVs.

13.6.2.2.2 Men's Basketball. In men's basketball a prospective student-athlete may take a maximum of five expense-paid visits to Division I institutions from August 1 through July 31 of the prospective student-athlete's junior year of high school, five additional visits from August 1 of the prospective student-athlete's senior year of high school through October 14 following completion of high school and five visits beginning October 15 following completion of high school, including visits related to a possible transfer. These restrictions apply regardless of the number of sports in which the prospective student-athlete is involved. A prospective student-athlete is not required to graduate from high school in order to receive a permissible post-high school visit

had never heard that before in my life. Always been that way or recent change?

Seems like a lot official visits that weekend.
They usually like to do them as a group. Plus that's the last weekend before the Dead Period which extends until the last week of July.

# 9 ANTONIO CAMON TAMPA BAY TECH HS, TAMPA, FL
DE 6' 3" 255

ASSETS:
COULD PLAY AT LB
FAST
ALWAYS IN BACKFIELD
STRONG
AGGRESSIVE
GREAT FIRST STEP
HARD HITTER
THROWS QB'S TO THE GROUND IF HE"S NOT KNOCKING HIS HEAD OFF
AGILE GREAT FOOTWORK

GREAT OFFER

Do you use him as a DE or put a few pounds on him and with his quickness play DT ? He is strong and fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom