Class of 2018 - DE Brenton Cox (GA) Transferring from Georgia to Florida | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE Brenton Cox (GA) Transferring from Georgia to Florida

I can't believe our coaches threw our hat into that ring of schools. lol This kid to me looks like the best DE in the country. Whoever gets him will be getting a lottery draft pick. :)

Is he blessed to receive offers?

It was reported today that Kirby Smart has asked Brenton Cox to take his talents elsewhere. Cox, a five-star pass rusher who was a member of Georgia’s impressive 2018 recruiting haul had previously been arrested for “marijuana possession of less than an ounce” back on April, 20th. No official word has come down from the athletic department as to the final cause of Cox’s dismissal at this time, but he had entered into the transfer portal as of Monday. Before the news broke, first-year defensive coordinator Dan Lanning met with the media today and was asked what Cox’s role might look like this season. Lanning tellingly answered, “That’s a good question. I would leave that up to Coach Smart at this time.”

Cox was a five-star prospect in the Class of 2018, ranked as the No. 23 overall player in the country by the 247Sports Composite. When defensive coordinator Dan Lanning met with reporters on Monday morning, he elected not to respond to questions about expectations for Cox in 2019, deferring those queries to Smart.
Cox appeared in 13 of 14 games as a freshman in 2018, totaling 20 tackles, two tackles for a loss a sack and three pass breakups. He got his first career start in the Sugar Bowl, recording six tackles in the loss to Texas. He was set to be a key piece of a defensive front that's gone through some significant turnover across the last two seasons, losing three and four-year contributors after the College Football Playoff run in 2017 and last year's Sugar Bowl season.

Hope his career hasn’t gone up in smoke.

To be blunt, let’s hope this isn’t a chronic issue for him.
I feel like your trying to tell us something.

Are we really just talking about weed?

I know it's a good thing we don't have any players who do that, but maybe we can make an exception, take a deep breath and embrace a guy who knows how to deliver a hit, but also take a hit.

I know it's a good thing we don't have any players who do that, but maybe we can make an exception, take a deep breath and embrace a guy who knows how to deliver a hit, but also take a hit.
Wait, who’s talking about weed?

Hey in NYS just changed it’s laws on weed possession. Get him up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom