Class of 2024 - DE Caden Brown (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE Caden Brown (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Rob just posted this same picture.

Drum also mentioned yesterday that he had just gotten his off the phone with Coach Brown after a 40 minute phone call. He’s done more in 8 weeks with the football alums than Babers did in 8 years.
Hate to be an ignoramus, but who are they?

Alban Brown on the left, Rob Drummond on the right. Key players on the '87 undefeated team. Rob led the team in rushing in '87 and '88. 3rd round pick of the Eagles. Alban pretty much made every special teams tackle.
Pretty sure that is not Robert Drummond but Rob Moore on the right. Maybe the second best WR we have had at SU after Harrison.

Definitely Drum. I’ve known him since we played ball together at JD back in the 80s. Rob also posted the same photo on his Facebook page.
Gotcha. Funny. I feel like that is what Moore would look like these days too. My memory must be fading. Also thought Drummond would be a little heavier. Well at least I knew it wasn’t Rob Burnett. Lots of good Syracuse Robs.

Alban Brown on the left, Rob Drummond on the right. Key players on the '87 undefeated team. Rob led the team in rushing in '87 and '88. 3rd round pick of the Eagles. Alban pretty much made every special teams tackle.
Was Brown #34 in those days?

Hall of Fame Bowl was probably on New Years Day (i.e., 1/1/89). Peach Bowl was probably a day or two before the next New Years Day (e.g., 12/30/89). Two seasons, two bowls, one calendar year.
I was thinking that too, but there were also bowl games for 1988 and 1990 - just a weird way to do it - should be by the season

IMG_1285.gif