Class of 2018 - DE Casey Rogers (NY) Verbal to Nebraska / Transfer to Oregon | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE Casey Rogers (NY) Verbal to Nebraska / Transfer to Oregon

They do At homes across the country for pwo’s?

SU just visited the kid who is coming in as a PWO to be a long snapper (edit: Aaron Bolinsky). Lives somewhere in Central PA.

May have been swinging by Destiny for some holiday shopping, and needed something for the expense report.
Or stopping by after visiting another east coast recruit.

Reactions: CIL
At this risk of bumping this completely useless thread, yet again, WHY does anybody from SU care about any of this??

He doesn't have an SU offer for football, and apparently he's never going to get one.

IF any of that changes, then it's something to discuss on a SU Football thread.

Does he even need a scholarship offer to play at SU? Isn't his father an employee? If so, he'd get the same deal as Buddy Boeheim.
Getting free tuition by having a parent work at a school isn’t a great advantage anymore. The nex tax reform bill makes employees pay tax on the free tuition.

At this risk of bumping this completely useless thread, yet again, WHY does anybody from SU care about any of this??

He doesn't have an SU offer for football, and apparently he's never going to get one.

IF any of that changes, then it's something to discuss on a SU Football thread.
Given the teams that have hosted him on visits SU should be interested unless the coaches know we don't have a shot with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting free tuition by having a parent work at a school isn’t a great advantage anymore. The nex tax reform bill makes employees pay tax on the free tuition.
Paying taxes on tuition is still a big discount over paying all of the tuition, especially if it allows a kid to go to a better school. How much it would matter to a scholarship athlete depends on how much he likes the home town school.

Did anybody read the story on Syracuse.com about this kid going on official visits to Ohio St. and Bama. Why is he not being recruited by us?His father is an assistant lacrosse coach, for crying out loud. I know we recruited him for both fb and lax but if he's going all in for fb only why are we not in picture? Does his father think we're not good enough for him for just football. I don't get why we are not in play for just football if that's what he's considering. He plays a position of need too, defensive end.

Did anybody read the story on Syracuse.com about this kid going on official visits to Ohio St. and Bama. Why is he not being recruited by us?His father is an assistant lacrosse coach, for crying out loud. I know we recruited him for both fb and lax but if he's going all in for fb only why are we not in picture? Does his father think we're not good enough for him for just football. I don't get why we are not in play for just football if that's what he's considering. He plays a position of need too, defensive end.
No interest for SU football

Looking for biggest fish he can find

The kid has to want to be recruited by us as well. For all we know the staff might have reached out to him and he said no thanks. Also, this recruiting cycle is nowhere near over. Maybe the staff will come back around to him later on. We have to trust the staff to evaluate players they want for the systems they run. He might not be a fit. In any event, none of it will have anything to do with his father.

Some kids want to go away.

Why do I get the feeling that when it comes down to brass tacks this kid really doesn't have these big time offers and will eventually commit to a school in the MAC.

Just a gut feeling, could be wrong but I don't think so.

Why do I get the feeling that when it comes down to brass tacks this kid really doesn't have these big time offers and will eventually commit to a school in the MAC.

Just a gut feeling, could be wrong but I don't think so.

You can officially visit a school as a preferred walk on as well.

I think some people really busted out the jump to conclusions mat in this thread.

He didn’t sign this week, but if he thinks he’s getting a full ride to Alabama he may be waiting a while.

He didn’t sign this week, but if he thinks he’s getting a full ride to Alabama he may be waiting a while.
I watch Alabama football, he looks nothing at all like any DE or TE that plays there.

Not even close.

If he isn't good enough for bama then he isn't good enough for the cuse.

If he isn't good enough for bama then he isn't good enough for the cuse.
OK then, lets compare him to Josh Black or Alton Robinson...yeah he still doesn't look like either of those guys or move like them. And neither of those guys had an offer from Bama but this kid does.

Does he have a commitable full ride offer from anyone yet?

I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with your sentiment. I was simply making an absurd statement that we should recruit over Alabama. Maybe let Bama do all the work then we can just flip their commits?

I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with your sentiment. I was simply making an absurd statement that we should recruit over Alabama. Maybe let Bama do all the work then we can just flip their commits?
I am praying for the day that we can do that, hoping it happens in my lifetime.

Could be wrong but I believe they pulled that out of the tax bill. Just includes tuition remission for an individual, not a child.