Class of 2021 - DE Derek McDonald (GA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Derek McDonald (GA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

"I have a great relationship with coach Tony White. He has been recruiting me hard and he feels I am a great fit for what they are looking for at outside linebacker."
You pegged this in post #26. Great looking prospect at OLB ... size and can run.

Another excellent pick up by the Syracuse University Football Coaching/Recruiting Staff. This kid is a versatile athletic football player who moves well on both sides of the ball. Congratulations to you young Mr. McDonald on your choice of Syracuse University Football. Keep working hard, sign your Syracuse Football NLI in December and then bring that size and athleticism to Syracuse ready to make your school a player in the ACC. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

Derek, welcome to the Cuse Football family!!!

GoOrangefootballTINNI0QQNhAM.gif

That should make your day. Now he doesn't have to gain 70 Ibs to play D Line

Yes finally. Traditional sized LB and not an undersized DE. He'll clearly be able to creep up to the line though and play that role. Honestly, people were concerned we were filling up on the DLine. Not quite yet, there's still a vacancy sign.

Last edited:
I love big guys who can run.
He could play a number of positions for us but yes, linebacker looks like the best fit. Welcome to Syracuse Derek!

Athletes, athletes, athletes. Plus, given how our coaching staff as deployed the 3-3-5 elsewhere, position versatility is a key factor in disguising coverages, blitzes, etc.