Class of 2018 - DE Dorian Hardy (NJ) Offered / No Longer Committed to PSU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE Dorian Hardy (NJ) Offered / No Longer Committed to PSU

Offers include Michigan, Michigan St, UNC, Wisconsin, Temple, Syracuse

My apologies for not helping out with this kid as I went to high school - and was good friends - with his dad.

That said, I've already reached out and jokingly asked him to get Dorian to change his mind.

Top recruit involved in football brawl loses scholarship to Penn State

Top New Jersey football recruit Dorian Hardy’s scholarship offer from Penn State has been rescinded by the school, according to a source close to the Nittany Lions program.

The source declined to be identified because they are not authorized to speak publicly.

Hardy is one of four Paramus Catholic players and an assistant coach involved in a brawl that took place after practice last Friday. Two freshmen involved in the fight said Hardy ignited the melee when he pulled on one of their jerseys; later, freshman Miles Mitchell said Hardy punched him in the face at least twice.

It's interesting that the kid still has his commitment tweet to PSU pinned to the top of his twitter page. Must be in shock.

Top recruit involved in football brawl loses scholarship to Penn State

Top New Jersey football recruit Dorian Hardy’s scholarship offer from Penn State has been rescinded by the school, according to a source close to the Nittany Lions program.

The source declined to be identified because they are not authorized to speak publicly.

Hardy is one of four Paramus Catholic players and an assistant coach involved in a brawl that took place after practice last Friday. Two freshmen involved in the fight said Hardy ignited the melee when he pulled on one of their jerseys; later, freshman Miles Mitchell said Hardy punched him in the face at least twice.
Meh fights happen in practice all the time. I remember slugging a safety in practice and throwing hay makers. Football is emotion, you move on. Glad the staff is doing some research

Meh fights happen in practice all the time. I remember slugging a safety in practice and throwing hay makers. Football is emotion, you move on. Glad the staff is doing some research

Reading the article didn't really offer a clear narrative of what happened from anyone's perspective. But it did not describe your stereotypical practice "scrap," that's for sure.

Knowing Franklin he either recruited over him and used this as an excuse or will put some sort of guidelines in place for him to show remorse and get re-offered. He wants to stay in the good graces with NJ coaches. Both options allow him to save face.

Problem with him is, he did the same thing at his last HS, St. Joes I think? So he's done this before and he won't find another school that he can play at this year, too late into the season. Serious character issues.

Knowing Franklin he either recruited over him and used this as an excuse or will put some sort of guidelines in place for him to show remorse and get re-offered. He wants to stay in the good graces with NJ coaches. Both options allow him to save face.

I think this is usually true, and I get the NJ coaching mafia yields much more power then any HS football coach should ever have. But i believe he is at odds with the coach at Paramus. And Paramus itself is a bit of a disruptive force amongst the big catholic schools in North Jersey. Ugly situation.

Franklin is trying to take the moral high ground here? Seriously?

My guess is he needed another scholarship or has another recruit he likes better.

There is no moral high ground with Franklin. If so, he wouldn't still be recruiting Micah Parsons. I know someone who is from the same area as Micah and it is widely known he that he is not a good person. Yet when you are a top 10 recruit that stuff tends to get overlooked. Especially by our pal Franklin.

Free Article

Dorian Hardy Reportedly No Longer Penn State Commit After Post-Practice Fight
Dorian Hardy Reportedly No Longer Penn State Commit After Post-Practice Fight
Tim DanielsTwitter LogoFeatured ColumnistOctober 13, 2017

Dorian Hardy, one of the top defensive ends in the 2018 college football recruiting class, is reportedly no longer committed to Penn State.

Sean Fitz of 247Sports first reported the update Friday. Land of 10's Stephen Pianovich noted the news comes after Hardy was involved in a "post-practice brawl" at Paramus Catholic High School in New Jersey last week.

Charles Hardy, the father of the former Nittany Lions commit, told Matthew Stanmyre and Todderick Hunt of NJ Advance Media his son came to the aid of a teammate during the altercation and was later punched in the face twice by assistant coach Michael Mitchell.

Meanwhile, Mitchell told Stanmyre and Hunt in a separate interview Hardy and another member of the team were the "aggressors" in the fight, which left the assistant's son, Miles Mitchell, with a concussion and a right eye that was "nearly swollen shut."

"They tried to kill my son," Michael Mitchell said. "I just hope he makes it through this and isn't hurt for the rest of his life."

The elder Mitchell denied ever throwing a punch at Hardy but said Paramus Catholic High School fired him from his position on the football team's coaching staff.

Police told NJ Advance Media no charges were filed in the case as of Thursday.

Hardy is a 4-star prospect who's rated as the No. 196 overall recruit in the 2018 class, according to the 247Sports composite rankings. He's also listed as the No. 10 strong-side defensive end in the group.

He originally committed to Penn State in June. 247Sports noted Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Michigan were the other high-profile programs to make him an offer before he chose the Nittany Lions.

Problem with him is, he did the same thing at his last HS, St. Joes I think? So he's done this before and he won't find another school that he can play at this year, too late into the season. Serious character issues.

If he had this issue at another high school too, stay away from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom