Class of 2021 - DE Elijah Fuentes (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Elijah Fuentes (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

FYI This is Monroe's best recruiting effort this cycle. Shady had him all set to commit to rutgers in March, Monroe convinced him to wait, then BC came at him hard and he was set to verbal to them. BC thought they had him in the bag but Monroe got him to hold off on them. According to the rutgers boards Shady never gave up on Elijah. He kept pursuing him throughout. Great recruiting battle. Cuse won out. Monroe has the juice.

Dear Elijah,

1598117305854.jpeg

Great to see an NYC kid join the program.

Not a football expert by any means, but his High School Film kind of reminds me of Slayton’s high school film and he has a similar build to slayton coming out of high school if I remember correctly.

I feel like this kid has that type of potential and the potential to be a strong 6-4 310 like Slayton after a redshirt year. Think this kid has NFL potential

Last edited:
Not a football expert by any means, but his High School Film kind of reminds me of Slayton’s high school film and he has a similar build to sky atom coming out of high school if I remember correctly.

I feel like this kid has that type of potential and the potential to be a strong 6-4 310 like Slayton after a redshirt year. Think this kid has NFL potential

Man, "Sky Atom" is a fantastic phone autocorrect.

Great pickup! Welcome to Cuse! I wonder if he helps us with any other NY players we are after?

This is exactly what we need to do to build a winner - beat out peer schools and land kids from our state, in addition to recruiting well overall. We don't want to neglect or give short shrift to in state talent. Although downstate (NYC, LI) is really anybody's game (Rutgers, PSU and to some degree BC at the Catholic schools and Temple). If it's a national recruit, then of course every major school is in. But the decent recruits, the program players who can really help seem to be gravitating to us.
I'm just ramblin' here because I'm happy we landed Mr. Fuentes, and in such style too. Thank you Swag D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom