Class of 2020 - DE Elijah Wright (NY) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DE Elijah Wright (NY) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Call me crazy but I really like this guy and and think can play at Syracuse. Probably will grow into a DT down the road. Hope he doesn’t here. I would expect him to win a scholarship very quickly, if he hasn’t been offered one already.

Call me crazy but I really like this guy and and think can play at Syracuse. Probably will grow into a DT down the road. Hope he doesn’t here. I would expect him to win a scholarship very quickly, if he hasn’t been offered one already.
CL's OP in this thread posted a tweet by Wright that he was offered. Unless I'm misunderstanding your post. Are you saying you think his offer was a PWO offer?

CL's OP in this thread posted a tweet by Wright that he was offered. Unless I'm misunderstanding your post. Are you saying you think his offer was a PWO offer?
It certainly wouldn't be the first time a prospect did it. See exhibit QB:

I suspect it might be. It is really really late to get a full scholarship offer from a P5 school. Maybe the reason he wasn’t offered earlier because of academics and he recently made in roads here? To my eyes, he is worthy of a scholarship from Syracuse.

This is the kind of player I think we need to go after to address our lack of numbers at DT. He is going to take 2 years to develop into a DT but he has the frame and the athletic ability to be a fine DT down the road. I don’t think we are going to get many top notch HS DTs that are ready to play right away. This is how we can best address the DT problem. IMHO.

I suspect it might be. It is really really late to get a full scholarship offer from a P5 school. Maybe the reason he wasn’t offered earlier because of academics and he recently made in roads here? To my eyes, he is worthy of a scholarship from Syracuse.

This is the kind of player I think we need to go after to address our lack of numbers at DT. He is going to take 2 years to develop into a DT but he has the frame and the athletic ability to be a fine DT down the road. I don’t think we are going to get many top notch HS DTs that are ready to play right away. This is how we can best address the DT problem. IMHO.
Plus it's always good to recruit one local kid each class.

Thanks, Tom. Makes sense.

Not a big highlight video guy, but what does the DE #9, LT #70 in his hudl video refer to? Certainly not his national rank. State rank maybe?

Is Solvay included in the free tuition program that Syracuse has with some of the local high schools?

Is Solvay included in the free tuition program that Syracuse has with some of the local high schools?
Not 100% positive but I believe that's for city schools only, which Solvay is not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom