Class of 2016 - DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St. | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St.

CuseLegacy

Maybe I should just start a look at the DE they are following now thread. Reynolds is following this dude...

Maybe I should just start a look at the DE they are following now thread. Reynolds is following this dude...

Graduate transfer from Delaware State, redshirted his freshman year. He's from Maryland. Father played hoops at GA Southern, uncle at GA Tech.

The coaches are still following him and the legal issue was two years ago. I'm just going to stick this here just in case.

Moontan said:
2 years ago, but a likely disqualifier from many places. Perhaps he should contact NJSU... This could count as extra credit if he were to change majors to criminal justice. OK, not nice...
I think they would treat it like AP credits and let him place out of a class or two.

A little due diligence to vet the kid...if he has been clean for 2 years might be worth a shot. Sounds like Cater, Walls, etc...Babers has to make that call and sell him to the AD/Chancellor.

A little due diligence to vet the kid...if he has been clean for 2 years might be worth a shot. Sounds like Cater, Walls, etc...Babers has to make that call and sell him to the AD/Chancellor.

I think especially at that age, 2 years is a long enough time to show you've turned things around.

I would guess that if he's been on the up and up for the last two years, a one year sell is easier than a 4-5 year sell with someone from HS.

Need to get some sort of depth at the DE position. It's shockingly bad.

Dismissing Sheppard and Ealey and not letting Naes back and bringing this guy in? Seems counter to the AD message.

Dismissing Sheppard and Ealey and not letting Naes back and bringing this guy in? Seems counter to the AD message.
Who's bringing him in? We haven't offered for him to even visit SU yet. We might not.

Well one got caught doing something wrong once...two others broke team rules three times. Of course stealing is worse than the rumored weed smoking. It is also a one year thing...

Sounds quite promising, love those TFL numbers. Would provide such a great 1 year upgrade and allow the freshman to come along at a more reasonable pace then getting bulldozed by 22 year old Men from day 1.

If I read the article correctly he would be on probation while playing here. That's different.
Yes, probation, that wouldn't sit right but if Cuse administration get all the facts and are comfortable, then, why not.

Have the kid sign a zero tolerance waiver if he can play.

The probation is actually a good thing as the kid has a year of jail hanging over his head if he violated his probation.

He will behave until the probation has expired as any violation whatsoever would cause him to go straight to jail.

We need DEs badly this wouldn't be the worst option in the word. 6'3" 240 is good size for a DE.

The probation is actually a good thing as the kid has a year of jail hanging over his head if he violated his probation.

He will behave until the probation has expired as any violation whatsoever would cause him to go straight to jail.

We need DEs badly this wouldn't be the worst option in the word. 6'3" 240 is good size for a DE.

Agreed--the zero tolerance agreement is a great idea. At worst, I see this guy as a platoon depth guy. At best? A starter who is more than stop gap.

I think that everyone on the team has basically been told they are on probation and one violation of the rules they are gone.

I think that everyone on the team has basically been told they are on probation and one violation of the rules they are gone.

That by the school should be a pretty good deterrent. That by the justice system which appears his case is on a different level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom