Class of 2021 - DE Henry Hughes (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Henry Hughes (FL) Offered

Reclaiming Florida. Perhaps his name should be changed to James Krotch

Poor kid.
I feel sorry for the kid too but let’s not kid ourselves. A 2-10 football program and perennial loser has a significantly better recruiting class than we do up to this point. We’re going into year 5 with our staff (and should be hitting our stride) but I cannot find a single player over the last two classes that I would consider a “difference maker.” Nice players sure but not one that changes the trajectory of the mediocrity that we find ourselves in again. I bet Shady won’t have a problem finding a QB prospect to commit.

I feel sorry for the kid too but let’s not kid ourselves. A 2-10 football program and perennial loser has a significantly better recruiting class than we do up to this point. We’re going into year 5 with our staff (and should be hitting our stride) but I cannot find a single player over the last two classes that I would consider a “difference maker.” Nice players sure but not one that changes the trajectory of the mediocrity that we find ourselves in again. I bet Shady won’t have a problem finding a QB prospect to commit.
Why don't we wait until the class is complete before bemoaning the fact that Rutgers has a higher ranking. They have twice as many commits, which automatically puts them higher on the list. And over half of their commits are from NJ, no huge surprise with what is going on in the world. Half of their recruits we didn't offer - and we offer everyone.

Also, for more than a handful of those recruits, Rutgers was their only P5 offer.

Why don't we wait until the class is complete before bemoaning the fact that Rutgers has a higher ranking. They have twice as many commits, which automatically puts them higher on the list. And over half of their commits are from NJ, no huge surprise with what is going on in the world. Half of their recruits we didn't offer - and we offer everyone.

Also, for more than a handful of those recruits, Rutgers was their only P5 offer.

ALL OF THIS.

A LOT of NJ and northeast athletes accept a SUNJ offer as their safety school P5 offer.

And, don’t forget - Rutger has a long and storied history...

...of having their best ‘croots decommit once any better offers come in. ;)

Let’s see where their class is ranked on signing day, after their 2-10 season.

rutgers is surrounded by way more talent than us. NJ is top 10 in the country in prospects produced because of that their classes will always look better on paper. For example NJ has a top 40 list and NY has a top 5. They can fill their class up with the bottom half of NJ prospects and it would still look decent. The 2nd and 3rd tier Jersey prospects seem to be over rated because of the reputation of the state. Syracuse has to rely on stealing quality players from other states. Thats hard to do. There's not enough in NY. The highest rated guys arent going to commit to us on a consistent basis until we win. Shady has always had problems finding QB's. They got Tom Savage after having their best season ever and they still damaged him. He ended up leaving the program. Overall they have struggled at the position. Nassib and Dungey our better than any of the guys they had the last 15 years. Devito is on his way. We are going to mess with rutgers when they are 2-10 or 10-2. That's what this thread it for.

rutgers is surrounded by way more talent than us. NJ is top 10 in the country in prospects produced because of that their classes will always look better on paper. For example NJ has a top 40 list and NY has a top 5. They can fill their class up with the bottom half of NJ prospects and it would still look decent. The 2nd and 3rd tier Jersey prospects seem to be over rated because of the reputation of the state. Syracuse has to rely on stealing quality players from other states. Thats hard to do. There's not enough in NY. The highest rated guys arent going to commit to us on a consistent basis until we win. Shady has always had problems finding QB's. They got Tom Savage after having their best season ever and they still damaged him. He ended up leaving the program. Overall they have struggled at the position. Nassib and Dungey our better than any of the guys they had the last 15 years. Devito is on his way. We are going to mess with rutgers when they are 2-10 or 10-2. That's what this thread it for.

A number of kids from NY play in Jersey FYI.

A number of kids from NY play in Jersey FYI.
Im aware of that. Some westchester county, NYC kids will migrate to NJ privates but also Canadian kids migrate down to schools in western and central NY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom