Class of 2019 - DE Ishmael Goulbourne (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE Ishmael Goulbourne (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

His visit is coinciding with the Fathers' Day camp. Last year, I believe, this camp is the one Froumy, Levis and Amie attended.

Dude is super skinny but I saw some great things in his film.

Its all about height and frame and he has
that. Can add an easy 30# and keep his athleticism. He is long and explosive. Can't teach or train someone into 6-5"

Then again, hudl has him at 6'5", other sites 6'3" that's a huge difference. Who knows with these recruits. Thus, only the coaches know after seeing him in person.

6'3" is long enough for a college defensive end. 6'6" is the NFL standard. If he's 6'5", even better. But 195#? Yikes. Gonna have to eat some cheeseburgers when he gets to college

Weight here’s a non concern. He’s got height and speed. What’d we pay our conditioning staff to do?

Yes, he does, but that 2 inches in height is huge for a DE. we all know our staff can work with a long athletic frame.

Given what we'll lose on the D-Line these next two seasons, it is important to load up. This kid needs to add size, but he's got a ton of athleticism.

Always good to see us add pass rush.

I'm guessing that this is the template we'll often follow for many of our DLine recruits -- get athletes, then "grow" them into their positions at either DT [example--Rondi] or DE [example -- Morton]. Guys like this will take 2-3 years to be ready, but with a redshirt and quality depth ahead of them, that also ensures that these guys won't be rushed onto the field to fill out the two-deep until they're ready to physically compete as third-year sophomores.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom