Class of 2023 - DE Jalil Smith (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/24/22) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DE Jalil Smith (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/24/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Jalil as the 13th best player in the state. He is very raw and needs some work in the weight room, but he is a really good athlete with a big frame who someday may grow into a DT. It is probably going to take him a couple of years to make an impact but if he works hard, he should be a two year starter for Syracuse.

Lincoln is one of the top football programs in the state. We have tried to get a few guys from here and missed. Good to get one.

Interesting high school. It has produced 4 Nobel Prize laureates, as well as people like Marv Albert (of SU) Neil Sedaka. Neil Diamond, John Forsythe, Louis Gossett Jr, Harvey Keitel, Buddy Rich, Arthur Miller and Lee Mazzilli.

Welcome to Syracuse Jalil.

I don't see it...
plays high
needs to work on his strength and quickness...
looks like a TE learning to play DE.
Looks like a baby deer trying to play football. Looks like a long term project but seems to have some good ingredients to build upon.

#13 JALIL SMITH - 2023 LINCOLN HS, BROOKLYN, NY
EDGE 6' 5" 230, 4.8 40, BP 215, SQ 315 // NO TCKL/TFL STATS
“If something stands between you and your success move it”
OFFERS: SU, TEMP, RU, BG, SB, UCONN

ASSETS:
SIZE
QUICK
SPEED FOR A BIG MAN
STRONG
BALANCED
AGILE QUICK OFF THE SNAP
ALWAYS STOPPING THE PLAY
IN BACKFIELD SACKING QB/TACKLING RUNNER

GREAT OFFER
Congratulations, Jalil. Keep striving to be the best at SU.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Looks like a baby deer trying to play football. Looks like a long term project but seems to have some good ingredients to build upon.
Maybe you should look at the film again. Perhaps you may have another opinion? Baby deer?

Love the start to 23 class. Great QB, and grabbing New York’s elite talent and keeping them home. Im sick of seeing NYS athletes go elsewhere and produce. Great start to this class and I can’t wait to see what we do this season to help improve the perception of cuse Fball and get even more great recruits

Love the start to 23 class. Great QB, and grabbing New York’s elite talent and keeping them home. Im sick of seeing NYS athletes go elsewhere and produce. Great start to this class and I can’t wait to see what we do this season to help improve the perception of cuse Fball and get even more great recruits
I love the emphasis on our primary recruiting areas. Really like this staff and so hopeful that Dino can pull off a good season and keep this group together

This would be one reason why we need to make every reasonable excuse to keep this staff beyond this season. I think these coaches have finally found something or are starting to get it after 6 years on the job.

Maybe it takes that long to learn how to operate and find success up here. I don't know. But I'm super pumped for the momentum we seem to have right now

Status
Not open for further replies.