Class of 2021 - DE Jatius Geer (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Jatius Geer (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

He is ranked as the 4th best recruit of the class. But any list that has Hough last is not worth much. What a shame 247 does such a poor job rating players.

Anyway, if Justin Lamson commits tomorrow, our class would be ranked 47th in the country.

He is ranked as the 4th best recruit of the class. But any list that has Hough last is not worth much. What a shame 247 does such a poor job rating players.

Anyway, if Justin Lamson commits tomorrow, our class would be ranked 47th in the country.
Its rivals with Hough and Folk. It's embarrassingly low. They other sites have them at a mid 3. Folks is actually a high 3 on 247.

Last edited:
This is an excellent pickup. Seems like a perfect fit for the 3-3-5. 6'5" 240 lbs. going into senior year and will only get bigger and stronger. Continues the inroads into South Carolina. Congratulations young Mr. Geer on your choice of Syracuse University Football. Now sign your Syracuse NLI in December and show up ready to make a difference and lead Syracuse to the ACC Championship and beyond. Great Job Syracuse University Football Coaches and Recruiting Staff. Keep them coming, Go Orange!!!!!!!!

247 actually has him rated as 84 which is solid (ofcourse many of us view him as deserving even higher :) but what is killing Hough’s composite Ranking is rivals and ESPN’s low ratings. Rivals actually has him as 2 star.

fireworks.gif

247 actually has him rated as 84 which is solid (ofcourse many of us view him as deserving even higher :) but what is killing Hough’s composite Ranking is rivals and ESPN’s low ratings. Rivals actually has him as 2 star.
A low 2 star too. To me that's basically saying he is a FCS player.

I would presume SU is done recruiting the defensive line for 2021?

The staff has done a terrific job getting promising DL in this class. If you want to look at our biggest long standing issue recruiting in football, I think you can make a strong argument it involved getting good DL. Or our inability to do so.

I really like the pickup.

I am really excited about the class. I have always had great confidence in the staffs ability to evaluate talent.

I do not care about star ratings. As long as the player passes the look test and the staff wants the player I am good.

The staff has done a terrific job getting promising DL in this class. If you want to look at our biggest long standing issue recruiting in football, I think you can make a strong argument it involved getting good DL. Or our inability to do so.
I do not think we are done at DL. I feel the 3 to 4 more DL.

I wanted get get your thoughts.

I would imagine this is the case, unless one of those 'you find a way to take this guy' recruits wants in, say Rooks for example...

I do not think we are done at DL. I feel the 3 to 4 more DL.

I wanted get get your thoughts.
I gotta look at the numbers. It isn't clear to me who is now considered a DE and who is considered an LB. I think several players that were listed as DEs are now LBs.

If that holds, yes, we probably still need DL. It was a position of need that was largely addressed last year but with the change in scheme, we probably still need numbers here. Will try and take a more detailed look over the weekend...this is just off the top of my head.

Welcome aboard and a great pickup. Hard to tell if he is our last DL. Much depends on our new DCs view of what pieces he can work with in his scheme. It would not surprise to see additional turnover as he looks to infuse maybe players that best fit his scheme.

Welcome aboard and a great pickup. Hard to tell if he is our last DL. Much depends on our new DCs view of what pieces he can work with in his scheme. It would not surprise to see additional turnover as he looks to infuse maybe players that best fit his scheme.
This ^^^

This ^^^
Who knows how he develops or where they'll slot him ... but to me his hudl screams DL (not DE). He's already 6'5 250. That's a Slaytonesque frame. From his film he has good feet and powerful legs but not as developed in the upper body ... (S/C). My WAG is that they RS him, build strength (good weight) ... and turn this cat into a beast.

Last edited: