Class of 2017 - DE Jeffrey Gunter (SC) SIGNED TO NC State | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Jeffrey Gunter (SC) SIGNED TO NC State

I think this will be the first thought of everyone in the country that gets a transfer this year, it was mine.
You first have to have a verifiable racist comment on twitter before he declared. So there's that...

Congratulations young Mr. Gunter on your choice of Syracuse University Football. Now work hard in the Strength and Conditioning Program and learn the defense and be ready in 2020 to step on to the field and help continue Syracuse University Footballs resurgence by taking the ACC by storm. Also great job by the Coaching/Recruiting Staff on identifying the talent and selling the program and education. Go Orange!!!

Y'all don't think the coaches try to get a waiver for every kid that transfers to SU to play immediately. They tried with both Adams and Jackson.

You first have to have a verifiable racist comment on twitter before he declared. So there's that...
And 3rd party confirmation of same.
People need to get over the Fields thing. The NCAA would have gotten publicly lit up if they denied his request.

Last edited:
Dear Jeffrey,

1549932214375.jpeg

In the article that Tom posted, they suggested that he could apply to NCAA to play immediately, since CC head coach is leaving. I believe this is the same loop hole that made Fields eligible.

edit: fake news

Last edited:
In the article that Tom posted, they suggested that he could apply to NCAA to play immediately, since CC head coach is leaving. I believe this is the same loop hole that made Fields eligible.
Except Kirby Smart didn't leave Georgia.

edit: fake news
Think you're confusing him with Martell

all these guys should claim that sunshine gives them depression and warm weather hurts their joints. then wed get the waivers.

Seriously though, these decisions are so arbitrary and inconsistent, i would just hire a lawyer and sue. The ncaa would fold immediately. Not worth the time and headache from their standpoint.

Last edited:
Part of the appeal here is that he will sit out the 2019 season. There are four senior DE on next years roster. Gunter will be a fourth year player with experience and two season of eligibility remaining in 2020. Great job of roster management by the staff.

What happens if he requests a waiver, it is granted but the staff only plays him in four games. Does he still get a redshirt year?

What happens if he requests a waiver, it is granted but the staff only plays him in four games. Does he still get a redshirt year?

From what it looks like he played his Freshman and Soph years so he would be eligible for a RS year still. I highly doubt he will get a waiver.

all these guys should claim that sunshine gives them depression and cold weather hurts their joints. then wed get the waivers.

I don't get the butt hurt that adults have with people they have never met being able to go to college and play sports where they want to. All sports other than FB, BB (M&W) and baseball have a 1 time waiver transfer. Why not those sports? Why treat some athletes differently.

Jeffrey_Gunter_CCUCropped.jpg

Orange Sign Coastal Carolina Transfer Jeffrey Gunter
2/14/2019 1:55:00 PM | Football

Share: Facebook Button Twitter Button Email Button ...
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Orange head football coach Dino Babers announced on Thursday that defensive end Jeffrey Gunter has signed a financial aid agreement with Syracuse University and will join the program for the 2019 season. A transfer from Coastal Carolina, Gunter must sit out next season per NCAA transfer rules. He will have two seasons of eligibility remaining starting in 2020.

Gunter played in all 24 games (13 starts) for the Chanticleers the past two seasons, tallying 75 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss and five sacks. As a sophomore in 2018, Gunter was voted to the All-Sun Belt Conference First Team. He started every game and notched 49 tackles, including 14 for losses, and five sacks. Gunter totaled 26 tackles and 3.5 tackles for a loss during his 2017 freshman campaign.

A Durham, N.C. native, Gunter attended Riverside High School. He was two-time All-PAC 6 selection and registered 55 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks as a senior.

Gunter's addition brings the number of incoming players for the Orange to 22. Eight are already enrolled for the spring semester.

One thing I haven't seen from these articles -- is he transferring now [as a late enrollee], or will he be there after spring semester?

I assume the latter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom