DE John Stepec | Syracusefan.com

DE John Stepec

jr4750

All American
Saw a brief report that he was visiting a bunch of schools these next few weeks. Is Cuse on the syllabus? With Raymon signed on, do we still look for two additional DE's in this class?

Check that... Found it!

JoshHelmholdt Josh Helmholdt
Ohio DE John Stepec visiting #BGSU #Cuse #Bearcats #Toledo the next 2 weeks. Decision could come soon after http://t.co/fUwYXjsd
13 days agoReplyRetweetFavorite

by 7/20 we should know about a half dozen kids we are keyed on - hopeful for a fun few weeks!

@JohnGarcia_Jr
3-star Mentor (Oh.) Lake Catholic DE John Stepec trims list to three, plans on deciding very soon. Details inside...

I don't have a subscription but fwiw scout lists bowling green, cincy and toledo as "Med Interest". Everyone else as "Low Interest".

@JohnGarcia_Jr
3-star Mentor (Oh.) Lake Catholic DE John Stepec trims list to three, plans on deciding very soon. Details inside...

I don't have a subscription but fwiw scout lists bowling green, cincy and toledo as "Med Interest". Everyone else as "Low Interest".

Syracuse has backed off. Other DE's higher on the board.

Are we looking at too many there?
Saw a brief report that he was visiting a bunch of schools these next few weeks. Is Cuse on the syllabus? With Raymon signed on, do we still look for two additional DE's in this class?
We have Hilliard and Brewster Aren't we covered enough at the DE?:noidea:

Are we looking at too many there?
We have Hilliard and Brewster Aren't we covered enough at the DE?:noidea:

There are 6 DEs on the roster this fall- Sharpe (sr), Pierce-Brewster (jr), Robinson (RSo), Simmons (RFr), Manley (Fr), and Hilliard (Fr). Goggins (RSr) and Welsh (RSo) could line up outside as well. That's a maximum of 7 unproven DE's and one decent DE with an ability to rush the passer and draw unnecessary roughness penalties.

Beyond 2012, there are a maximum of 6 unproven commodities. I'm assuming the staff wants two ends in this year's class. Seven seems like a good number to carry, if not eight.

There are 6 DEs on the roster this fall- Sharpe (sr), Pierce-Brewster (jr), Robinson (RSo), Simmons (RFr), Manley (Fr), and Hilliard (Fr). Goggins (RSr) and Welsh (RSo) could line up outside as well. That's a maximum of 7 unproven DE's and one decent DE with an ability to rush the passer and draw unnecessary roughness penalties.

Beyond 2012, there are a maximum of 6 unproven commodities. I'm assuming the staff wants two ends in this year's class. Seven seems like a good number to carry, if not eight.

Spot on, I wouldnt be surprised if the staff took another DE even if we get Ogo. If things work out with the Iowa transfer I think we will be in good shape.

Goggins will not be a disappontment IMO but it should be fun to watch him go after fresh meat from the corner . He will help the Will and Sam make inside contributions as well. Im looking for big stuff from Davis and Spruill. Lynch might make some noise as well as Shamarko off the blitz. His 4.3 or better speed must be used on that play/blitz.couchburn

Do you know this for a fact or just speculating?
It's accurate, Stepec wants to decide soon and it looks like he might have a "davis offer" and can't commit until higher prospects are off the board.

Syracuse isn't going to move on a defensive end until they know what EO is going to do; he is the priority. Same thing with AE at running back. If EO goes to Florida or ND you'll see us put the heat up no some of these other defensive ends like Stepec. But until EO decides we can't take any dEnd's.

Don't sleep on the kid from Georgia either.

Stepec made some odd comments about the program per tos.

Syracuse isn't going to move on a defensive end until they know what EO is going to do; he is the priority. Same thing with AE at running back. If EO goes to Florida or ND you'll see us put the heat up no some of these other defensive ends like Stepec. But until EO decides we can't take any dEnd's.

Don't sleep on the kid from Georgia either.

Phat
S***t has us recruiting two DE's from GA...Johnny Thompson and Rakim Peters...Which one are you referring to?

Can you elaborate a little for us non-subscribers CIL?

Said he liked the coaching staff but was uncomfortable with the players when he was visiting. Not sure what the heck that means...

Said he liked the coaching staff but was uncomfortable with the players when he was visiting. Not sure what the heck that means...

Thanks... That is very weird...

Ew I hope we dont have another Dailey issue going on here.

Didnt a couple of recruits say the same thing last year?

Thanks... That is very weird...

Who knows with kids...He also said he ruled Syracuse out. The implication being its his decision not ours..

It sounds like he wants to commit somewhere sooner rather than later, and from what Phat and others have said, he has a contingent offer here, so he's going to go somewhere else

It all sounds like a little face saving on his part to me

he visited, was told we want you, but not until we know where we stand with so and so (cough* Ogundeko * cough) and could you please be patient with us

he says I like the coaches but do not feel right about meshing with the players as his way of saving face?