Class of 2018 - DE Joseph Boletepeli (NC) Verbal to NC State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE Joseph Boletepeli (NC) Verbal to NC State

Offers from BC, UNC Charlotte, ECU, GT, UMD, Miami, NC St, ODU, Rutgers, Syracuse

I like his motor and definitely like his first step. Nice prospect and hope we lock onto him.

Boletepeli started the season as the Wolfpack's No. 2 defensive end alongside James Smith-Williams, but lost that position once the team made the move over to primarily a 3-3-5 scheme
A lot of Ncstate D Lineman are leaving the program. They didnt like the switch to 3-5 and they dont fit. That makes me wonder if our guys start doing the same? I do think we have guys that are versatile enough to make the transition easier. I think the staff had that in mind

A lot of Ncstate D Lineman are leaving the program. They didnt like the switch to 3-5 and they dont fit. That makes me wonder if our guys start doing the same? I do think we have guys that are versatile enough to make the transition easier. I think the staff had that in mind
I've been wondering about it as well. Will this Defense be less attractive for D-linemen?

We weren't getting the really Big Uglies on the D-Line anyway, nor in large #'s.

The 3-3-5 does seem to be a nearly ideal fit for the guys we actually DO have, and get.
I'm talking about athletic DE's

I've been wondering about it as well. Will this Defense be less attractive for D-linemen?
Not sure if I will say less attractive. It just fits certain types more. Prospects have to decide what they prefer. For example. George Rooks, 2021 legacy recruit that is already 6’5 260. He will have to determine if he wants to bulked up and grow into a natural 300 pound 3 tech or get to 275 pounds and become a 3-4 defensive end type. If he’s athletic enough.

Last edited:
Not sure if I will say less attractive. It just fits certain types more. Prospects have to decide what they prefer. For example. George Rooks is a 2021 legacy recruit is already 6’5 260. He will have to determine if he wants to bulked up and grow into a natural 300 pound 3 tech or get to 275 pounds and become a 3-4 defensive end type. If he’s athletic enough.
The question is will it be harder for D-Linemen to accumulate stats in a 3-4

The question is will it be harder for D-Linemen to accumulate stats in a 3-4
It definitely allows LB's to get more TFL's and sacks. At the same time. San Diego st's starting 3 D lineman had 15 sacks all together. Cheatem (5), Thomas (5.5) and Banks (4.5)

I definitely feel we have a few really good DEs so throw in Bear. Curtis,and Black and we should be in the right directions. As far as LBers, they are going to turn some heads this year.

We should go back to the Cody Roscoe well: grab 5th year DL kids that are stars at a lower level rather than guys who could hardly get on the field at a higher level. Any more DL upperclassmen tearing it up at McNeese State?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom