Class of 2016 - DE Kendall Coleman (IN) SIGNED LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Kendall Coleman (IN) SIGNED LOI

CuseLegacy

Free Article

Syracuse Pursuing Western Michigan DE Commit Kendall Coleman

Kendall Coleman. He has been committed to Western Michigan for nearly a year, but two coaches from the Broncos' staff have transitioned to Syracuse in defensive line coach Vinson Reynolds and running backs coach Mike Hart.

Reynolds and Hart are now trying to flip Coleman to the Orange. Given that defensive end is a huge position of need this cycle, that decision makes sense. Especially given Coleman's talent and body type to be able to contribute right away.

"There's been a lot of stuff that's been said on both sides," Coleman said. "Just in the overall aspect, Syracuse is a good school to go to with or without football. An education from Syracuse is something that not a lot of people can say they have."

Hart and Coleman have developed a strong relationship during the recruiting process.

"Coach Hart and I just have a really strong bond," Coleman said. "We clicked from the first minute we actually got up there to meet each other at Western Michigan. We were instantly on the same page. We just kind of understood each other. We could talk about football or talk about grades, there was no drop off in the conversation."

Coleman says, despite the strong relationship with Hart, that he is unsure if he will take an official visit. That is still being discussed and decided upon with his family. Syracuse has extended an offer, however. If he does end up making the trip, he knows exactly what he will be looking for in order to see if Syracuse is the right fit.

"Well obviously, the school has to have my major (sports medicine), which I'm sure they do," Coleman said. "Just the atmosphere around campus. Is it somewhere I can thrive at?"

With a lack of depth at defensive end for the 2016 season currently on the roster, there is a critical need for an influx of talent. Coleman is high on the board for the Orange, and someone they hope they can get to sign on the dotted line on National Signing Day.

I'll answer my own question:). Listed on Hudl as 6-3 200. Not sure if the timing of those measurements, looks like he has a good frame, similar to J. Holloway.

When you compare the level of education between WMU and SU, I don't know how this wouldn't be a no brainer. And that goes for whether the offer is from us, or MD, or BC. In todays world you can't make a mistake like that.

Do we have a sports medicine program? I'm afraid we don't

I'll answer my own question:). Listed on Hudl as 6-3 200. Not sure if the timing of those measurements, looks like he has a good frame, similar to J. Holloway.
I like the 6'-3" but the 200 lbs is a bit lite, however he is lightning quick.

Love his tape at a position of immense need! Size?
Anytime that you want to check on those stats.. height, weight, etc just click on the lower right hand corner of the hudl highlights posted on here and then check profile.

When you compare the level of education between WMU and SU, I don't know how this wouldn't be a no brainer. And that goes for whether the offer is from us, or MD, or BC. In todays world you can't make a mistake like that.

Quite a few people couldn't care less about a schools ranking. In a majority of situations, it really isn't that important. Then you combine it with the fact that WMU is much closer to Indianapolis than SU, so family would have a much easier time seeing him. With those points and lacking his preferred degree, it could be a tough get. Good luck to the young man, no matter where he goes.

Quite a few people couldn't care less about a schools ranking. In a majority of situations, it really isn't that important. Then you combine it with the fact that WMU is much closer to Indianapolis than SU, so family would have a much easier time seeing him. With those points and lacking his preferred degree, it could be a tough get. Good luck to the young man, no matter where he goes.
I spoke with some folks whose business it is to get people into undergrad and grad schools. What they said is that as far as grad schools, class rank is far more important than the undergrad institution. Middle of the road Ivy won't get a preference over top 10 % of most other good schools.

Hudl has him at 233lbs

I spoke with some folks whose business it is to get people into undergrad and grad schools. What they said is that as far as grad schools, class rank is far more important than the undergrad institution. Middle of the road Ivy won't get a preference over top 10 % of most other good schools.
All of that is great if Grad School is your ultimate goal but it's a bunch of white noise to football players who want to compete.

We play in the ACC. That's hard to pass up.

All of that is great if Grad School is your ultimate goal but it's a bunch of white noise to football players who want to compete.

We play in the ACC. That's hard to pass up.
Well, this kid seems academically inclined.

CYx38lJUwAAkGbk.jpg:large

Previous
Next

Kendall Coleman ‏@KendallColeman_ Protected Tweets 5m5 minutes ago Indianapolis, IN
Proud to I'm officially committed to Syracuse University! Go Orange
1f34a.png
1f34a.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors