Class of 2018 - DE/TE Parks Gissinger (CA) Verbal to Michigan State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE/TE Parks Gissinger (CA) Verbal to Michigan State

Syracuse and Spartans among early offers for Gissinger
West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade 2018 defensive end Parks Gissinger is sitting on a couple Power Five offers early in the process.

West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade 2018 defensive end Parks Gissinger added another offer from San Diego State on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-4, 234-pound Gissiner also has scholarships from Michigan State, Syracuse and Yale, with interest coming in from the likes of Missouri, Kentucky and Ole Miss from the SEC and UCLA, Colorado and Cal from the Pac 12.

Dino Babers and the Orange staff were first to extend Gissiner an offer last month and see him growing into a defensive tackle down the road. His father Andrew suited up at Syracuse before playing for the San Diego Chargers.

“Coach Dino Babers he was a great, great dude,” Gissinger said. “I went on their junior day and the Carrier Dome was awesome. The campus was awesome. It was awesome to see where my dad played and where he grew up. Coach Vinson Reynolds the defensive line coach is a super nice guy. He’s been there for a year and it seems like he knows what he’s doing and seems like he’d be a good coach for me.”

The opportunity from Michigan State earlier this month was an eye-opener as well.

“I haven’t been there yet but the coaches I talked to were super nice and the Big Ten is a great conference,” Gissinger said. “It’s just some great football to be playing in. I heard they have great facilities too.”

Gissiner looks forward to taking some trips this spring.

“I’m not leaning anywhere yet so far,” he said.

Vanderbilts churned out a few great LB's/DE's in the past few years. You know a DE is good when MSU and a program like that offer.

Vanderbilts churned out a few great LB's/DE's in the past few years. You know a DE is good when MSU and a program like that offer.
He's a football player. And still growing into his body. Parks skipped ahead a year and played the first part of his junior year at 15 - was a QB and is a great athlete. Naturally will be 6'5 275 He's heading to the under armor 300 camp this weekend

He's a football player. And still growing into his body. Parks skipped ahead a year and played the first part of his junior year at 15 - was a QB and is a great athlete. Naturally will be 6'5 275 He's heading to the under armor 300 camp this weekend
Ah so he more closely resembles one of these

87d515d9316766e9fd5d8f503e0851c6.jpg

How'd he do at the camp? Any plans to visit cuse soon? Spring game?

I think he could be ours as long as we stay on him and show him the love and the excitement building at the Cuse and we NEED him to be part of the great team.

WEST HILLS, Calif. - Defensive end Parks Gissinger, the nation’s No. 41 weakside defensive end in the 2018 class, said Vanderbilt and Syracuse stick out among his eight offers.

He said both programs are consistent.

Syracuse offered first.

He said Syracuse, Kentucky and San Diego State hit him up the most.

He’s planning to visit Vanderbilt, Colorado and Kentucky later this spring. He said he covets an offer from Duke, Northwestern and California. Gissinger holds a 3.7 GPA.

As a junior, Gissinger (6-4, 235) recorded eight sacks.

We've been so awful at landing quality legacy recruits over the years - would be nice to start seeing that trend change.

We've been so awful at landing quality legacy recruits over the years - would be nice to start seeing that trend change.
Would love to see Parks go to the CUSE...just like his dad, Drew. I had the privilege of playing against Drew for three years and he was a big, tough Ohio OL mutha. Also, was a great guy who loved to joke around on many occasions. So, if Parks is reading this thread, pls come to SU for we need excellent players/characters like you to help the CUSE take the next step under Coach Babers. BTW - Drew Gissinger in team pic on left.

Trust me, you're going to want to be a part of that first Orange team that beats Clemson or Florida state in the Dome.

The whole country saw what happened when we beat Tech.

Would love to see Parks go to the CUSE...just like his dad, Drew. I had the privilege of playing against Drew for three years and he was a big, tough Ohio OL mutha. Also, was a great guy who loved to joke around on many occasions. So, if Parks is reading this thread, pls come to SU for we need excellent players/characters like you to help the CUSE take the next step under Coach Babers. BTW - Drew Gissinger in team pic on left.
There he is, fifth dot from the left, about 4 dots up.

That was a good one! Gissinger is in row 4...last player on right. Big blonde haired dude #59.
Ok, if it made the difference between Parks choosing SU or not, would you be willing to give him some dirt on his father?

That was a good one! Gissinger is in row 4...last player on right. Big blonde haired dude #59.

Could you upload the file for your avi pic so maybe would could actually see everyone?

I remember this game which we won. Last play before the first half ended, I received a 15 yd roughing the QB call and the play was done over. Coach Maloney took me out of the game for that play and my LB coach, Lou Angelo, grabbed my face mask and pounced me in the stomach. Should have sued the bastard but Frank did demote his butt after the season to a GA role. 39 yrs ago...Good God!

Could you upload the file for your avi pic so maybe would could actually see everyone?

Nick Saban, my first position coach in college, is third from left and Tom Coughlin is last on right.

Team picture was taken at a worn out Coyne Stadium and our facilities (Archbold Stadium/Manley weight & locker rooms) were the WORST in the college football. Frank Maloney had a model rendition of a new stadium in his office, which was supposed to be built at Skytop in 1978, but never happened. This was his #1 recruiting tool at the time.

Things are much, much better so please join the Orange Parks!

Cuse Football '77.jpg