Class of 2018 - DE Patrick Joyner (FL) Decommitted from Florida St/Verbals to Miami | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE Patrick Joyner (FL) Decommitted from Florida St/Verbals to Miami

We're his (Joyner's) only school listed as "high interest".

Monroe is recruiting him too I assume, not just Reynolds? Only asking because Monroe will close the deal on both kids this weekend. A scholarship offer they can't refuse.

I don't trust FL kids who verbal this early anyways. Too much can happen and usually does.

I wouldn't read into that too much. These sites assume what they want.

Seems to be really excited about Syracuse offering. Is this a case of us just being one of his first offers and an introduction into ACC/big time recruitment? Or do you think we could get him to potentially commit soon upon a visit?

Seems to be really excited about Syracuse offering. Is this a case of us just being one of his first offers and an introduction into ACC/big time recruitment? Or do you think we could get him to potentially commit soon upon a visit?
Not saying he doesn't like us, or that we're not one of his top schools. Just saying those sites in general assume with the favorites unless the kid actually names a top 5 or whatever.

Not saying he doesn't like us, or that we're not one of his top schools. Just saying those sites in general assume with the favorites unless the kid actually names a top 5 or whatever.
I figured, was just asking in general. Seems to be very familiar with Cuse, as well as excited about Dino Babers so I was thinking this is a kid we may be able to say we have a slight early edge with.

We were on the top of Joyner's list when he visited a couple weeks ago. He was recently offered by Florida State. Usually don't have a defeatist attitude - but have to think they're going to be tough to beat.

We were on the top of Joyner's list when he visited a couple weeks ago. He was recently offered by Florida State. Usually don't have a defeatist attitude - but have to think they're going to be tough to beat.
Ya we just have to stay on him and tell him how much he can do for the team. Just his own words.

yup