Class of 2019 - DE/TE Cooper Dawson (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE/TE Cooper Dawson (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents can see him in state regularly.
Tough to beat.

Clemson did this because they know we are after him and they know we are their biggest nemesis. :) Cooper did say " The minute he stepped foot on the Syracuse University campus, he loved it. . We can hope can't we.

they found out he was going to sign with syracuse. grayshirt offer wasn't gonna cut it.

Agreed.

Wouldn't be surprised if he reverses course and signs with Clempson.

But hopefully we made an impression, and his decision to come early / have an opportunity to get in the mix in our DL rotation pays off like it did for Steve Clark.

If we did get him...Holy Palmetto!

Our best bet might be prospects for PT.
Exactly it’s a choice tween playing for a team on the rise or getting a uniform to wear and hang around with teammates of a team we nearly beat 2 years in a row and has played in the CFPs.

Not demeaning his talent but going to a school like Clemson it very easy to get lost in the numbers. And yeah his folks get to see him but wouldn’t they want to see him on the field making the plays he’s capable of making.

He’s probably gone. But - I like that we are competing with Clemson for kids. And that his visit got their attention

I wouldn't call it competing with them. We can compete with a greyshirt offer of theirs. We don't compete with real offers.

Yeah, we took a shot but a full offer to play for Clemson in state for Dabo is a tough one to turn down. Don't blame the kid one bit. Good for him getting the full offer after a tough injury before his senior year. Dabo is damn tough. I really like the potential with this kid as well

I blame gbo he clearly alerted the Clemson staff how much we wanted him :p

tenor.gif

Whoever's offer they took away to offer this kids we should offer right now... Even if he is a WR ;)

Well nothing is final and there are certainly some elements favorable to Clemson but it may come down to how the young man is wired so to speak. Some young guys and girls may take a stance of " oh I wasn't good enough before but now I am that other top 25 program's are offering? Trying to get me on the cheap?".
Allot of competitors may not think that way but some might. (Shrugging). Maybe a combination of liking Cuse and the above is enough? Who knows? Maybe we have a shot. No reason to believe we are not still in the game here.

Well nothing is final and there are certainly some elements favorable to Clemson but it may come down to how the young man is wired so to speak. Some young guys and girls may take a stance of " oh I wasn't good enough before but now I am that other top 25 program's are offering? Trying to get me on the cheap?".
Allot of competitors may not think that way but some might. (Shrugging). Maybe a combination of liking Cuse and the above is enough? Who knows? Maybe we have a shot. No reason to believe we are not still in the game here.
Good point. Regarding your first paragraph, I'm thinking of Zaire Franklin and his late interactions with PSU. Didn't he tell them to pound salt?

I understand its his dream school but if its true and he love his visit here i think we still have a shot. we need to stop underestimating ourself. plus it feels good to make clemson sweat even just a bit when it comes to recruiting.

I understand its his dream school but if its true and he love his visit here i think we still have a shot. we need to stop underestimating ourself. plus it feels good to make clemson sweat even just a bit when it comes to recruiting.

Yeah I mean he may very well not end up here, but to effectively make a program regularly in the top 10 to alter their recruiting strategy with a prospect - that says something.

Agree to some degree.

This isn't the previous couple of years -- we are a 9 win team going to a quality bowl, and we were covered extensively as a function of being in the top 25 for a significant portion of the year.

Babers asked for faith without evidence early on -- well, now there's evidence. This isn't a hypothetical situation about "...help us get back over the hump," the sales pitch is now "come here -- you can win at a high level, and help take things to the next level."

If Clemson is his dream school, then we'll have an uphill fight. But we're not automatically going to lose out -- other factors could be influential [not saying that they will]. While we might not be a selector school, Babers and his staff have definitely created a buzz about our program that is being felt nationally.

I still wouldn’t be shocked if he pulls the trigger on the Cuse.

Only place he has retweet’d another player having in OV is us. I think if Dukes domino falls to us, I would suspect so won’t Dawson.

There is the legitimate consideration of being the recruited by Clemson to bring up the bottom of their class taking their 20+ spot in their class or coming to Syracuse and being a top10 recruit in ours. Not all recruits are created equal and I personally don't think he's considered by Clemson as one their can't miss, gotta have, will play 4 yrs type players for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.