Class of 2019 - DE/TE Cooper Dawson (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE/TE Cooper Dawson (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the fact that Clemson felt the pressure of losing Dawson to Syracuse and had to change his offer from a grayshirt. There was a time that would not have happened. Clemson would have been confident they could have shelfed the kid for a year without losing him to Syracuse. Seems times are changing.

I like the fact that Clemson felt the pressure of losing Dawson to Syracuse and had to change his offer from a grayshirt. There was a time that would not have happened. Clemson would have been confident they could have shelfed the kid for a year without losing him to Syracuse. Seems times are changing.
That and Clemson is having a horrible time recruiting olinemen this cycle. Truly mystifying.

Also, you guys have to remember that Clemson is recruiting him for OT while you guys want him as a DE. This will come down to what position does he prefer.

And do they get the last visit.

Also, you guys have to remember that Clemson is recruiting him for OT while you guys want him as a DE. This will come down to what position does he prefer.

When we win, it clearly will be because he views us a superior program.

Don't pre-belittle our nonsensical beliefs based on (non)logic!

He prefers to play DE so we'll see how this goes.

Thanks for the info.

Hope that swings it our way, a la Steven Clark / Florida a couple of years ago -- will be interesting to see how it plays out. Tough to fault an in-state kid for ultimately selecting Clemson. But hopefully the allure of PT plus the opportunity to play defense swings him our way.

Clemson is freezing him so he can extend his recruitment. Hoping he will choose to sign in February. This allows them to work on their top targerts and have him as a fall back. If Im him, I would be suspicious if Clemson doesnt allow him to sign next week. He also has to consider the position he will play, like others have mentioned on here.

If Clemson offers him a chance to play DE, eyeroll.

Also worried about the slide and whiffleball field lol

Clemson is freezing him so he can extend his recruitment. Hoping he will choose to sign in February. This allows them to work on their top targerts and have him as a fall back. If Im him, I would be suspicious if Clemson doesnt allow him to sign next week. He also has to consider the position he will play, like others have mentioned on here.

Didn't something say that Clemson is no going to allow him enroll early for the spring semester? In other words, they rolled the initial grey shirt offer way back.

Didn't something say that Clemson is no going to allow him enroll early for the spring semester? In other words, they rolled the initial grey shirt offer way back.

This is from the article that was posted.
Clemson changes football offer to Hanahan's Cooper Dawson ahead of recruiting dead period

"Clemson recruiter Tony Elliott called Dawson Sunday night and told him the Tigers were changing the grayshirt offer made to him earlier to a regular scholarship offer for a mid-year enrollment. Clemson wants him to take an official visit at the school this weekend."

what? We all knew about the grey shirt. My response is based on the offer he received yesterday. They are obviously freezing him lol. Every coach in America is doing this. Signing day is next week bud. They want him. Its a matter of how bad they want him and much he wants to play at Clemson despite the position he plays.

what? We all knew about the grey shirt. My response is based on the offer he received yesterday. They are obviously freezing him lol. Every coach in America is doing this. Signing day is next week bud. They want him. Its a matter of how bad they want him and much he wants to play at Clemson despite the position he plays.

Hey, you could be right? You know football recruiting better than I do. Maybe having "no" in my post read correctly as "now" would have helped. But the article said they are offering, want him to visit this weekend, and are looking at him enrolling early. Doesnt sound like a freeze play. Couple that with GBO's comments about their being behind on OL recruiting.

Edit: Am i misinterpreting "mid-year enrollment?"

Call it what you want, but making Clemson sweeten their deal is actually competing.

Sure, they had to offer 4 quarters to match our dollar instead of 3 nickels.

Hey, you could be right? You know football recruiting better than I do. Maybe having "no" in my post read correctly as "now" would have helped. But the article said they are offering, want him to visit this weekend, and are looking at him enrolling early. Doesnt sound like a freeze play. Couple that with GBO's comments about their being behind on OL recruiting.

No you aren't Mid year enrollment means January.

I get it's his dream school but grey shirt to mid year enrollment would scare me off. What happens if they flip a better OL and then are like "yeah about that mid year enrollment, it's actually back to a grey shirt" Not saying Dabo does shady things like that but I've seen things of that nature way to often in recruiting.
Just sign with Cuse and not worry about any of that stuff :D

Ok I get what you are saying. The early enrollment makes it sound like its not a freeze but think about it. He's an instate kid with multiple P5 options and he was offered a grey shirt. That sounds like a year long freeze to me. If they needed O lineman so badly, they should have let him commit earlier in the cycle. They had higher targets. Now that SU (the 2nd best team in the ACC) offered, they decided to up their game. That's because a legit conference threat was gonna sign him. These are just opinions of what I think is happening.

I get it's his dream school but grey shirt to mid year enrollment would scare me off. What happens if they flip a better OL and then are like "yeah about that mid year enrollment, it's actually back to a grey shirt" Not saying Dabo does shady things like that but I've seen things of that nature way to often in recruiting.
Just sign with Cuse and not worry about any of that stuff :D
Some Clemson fans seem to believe he isn't coming and is going to UCF.

Think you might have missed the joke. The spiralograph comment is a reference to one of Dino’s first press conferences when he became coach. It’s how he described his recruiting philosophy.
My apologies yes yessss I did

Status
Not open for further replies.