Class of 2019 - DE/TE Cooper Dawson (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE/TE Cooper Dawson (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and Clemson is having a horrible time recruiting olinemen this cycle. Truly mystifying.

Lugenbill just mentioned this on The First Team this morning. Specifically Clemson and Florida.

Rather late to the party here. UCLA is not the destination it once was. Empty stands during the games and mediocre performance on the field. Chip Kelly is struggling for now. Having said that it is full of palm trees and California girls so what do I know.

Last edited:
The kid should enjoy the process. It only matters for him to sign early if he is going to enroll early or knows SU is for him.

#STRecruiting Notebook: Wednesday updates - SportsTalk

"OL/DE Cooper Dawson of Hanahan said Tuesday he probably won’t take and official visit his weekend. He plans to stay home and think about his decision, said he’s close on making one. He plans to announce on the 19th. Tuesday Dawson was offered by UCLA."

This is probably the best outcome we could have asked for...

Lugenbill just mentioned this on The First Team this morning. Specifically Clemson and Florida.
Interesting. What all did he say?

Gotta be coming down to the wire, I am surprised that he is set on declaring next week.

gif_temp.gif

Interesting. What all did he say?

First, it was FSU, not Florida. My bad on that. His response was to a question by an FSU fan worried about FSU's O-line whoa's. He mentioned that FSU and Clemson both do not have strong depth, but particularly their Oline recruiting is behind other positions. He and MacElroy both lamented on the overall bad Oline play across the country.

Mention in there about going where he feels he's getting the most love. Well, Clemson only offered him a grey shirt until a few days ago after looking elsewhere. Hope that shows him how much of a priority he is or ISN'T to them.
I think his decision not to take any more OVs, per that recruiting site tweet this morning, is telling. Clemson, SU, Clemson, SU has to be going round and round in his head.

First, it was FSU, not Florida. My bad on that. His response was to a question by an FSU fan worried about FSU's O-line whoa's. He mentioned that FSU and Clemson both do not have strong depth, but particularly their Oline recruiting is behind other positions. He and MacElroy both lamented on the overall bad Oline play across the country.
Thanks man. They aren't wrong. Luckily we have corrected it in the 2020 class but 2019 is concerning.

Dukes and Dawson want to play together bad. The only school that offered them both is Cuse from what I can tell?

I’m going to take a bet one these guys end up wearing an Orange Jersey ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.