Class of 2016 - DE/TE Demetrius Breedlove (NY) Verbal to Lafayette | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE/TE Demetrius Breedlove (NY) Verbal to Lafayette

Demetrius Breedlove @D_Breedlove80 · 57m 57 minutes ago

Blessed to say I just received my first D1 offer from Syracuse University
1f3c8.png
!!! Go orange!

Being first always pays off.

http://www.mcquaid.org/page.cfm?p=278&newsid=3092

Fall All-Greater Rochester selections announced
Posted 12/18/2014 08:27AM

Several McQuaid Jesuit athletes from the Fall season were recognized in the Democrat and Chronicle's All Greater Rochester section on Thursday, December 18th. Earning top honors by being named "Runner of the Year" for Boys' Cross Country was Nick Ciolkowski, '15. Other honors included:

First team:

Garrett Knothe, Dane LeClair, Spencer Wickens - Volleyball

Donovan Glavin - Cross Country

Demetrius Breedlove - Football

I don't know which side of the ball he is being recruited for. His speed is not great for a TE but his hands are crazy. He could sit down in the flats and give you an instant 5 yards. This kid is high motor. I could see him at DE or even bulk for the DT. Me goodness he is a load.

hmmm. money3189 do you know anything about him? what's your take?
Rochester City Player of the year. always thought he moved well for a big man. Has soft hands and athleticm for a guy his size. Despite his hands I dont see him as a TE at the D1 level. I think Cuse is looking at him as a interior D lineman. They knew about his team mate Dehond for awhile. I alerted Chuck about this kid a couple months. I thought Demetrius would be a kid that could earn an offer at the camp but Cuse must have saw something they really liked on film and pulled the trigger. I know breedlove really likes Cuse but if other schools notice him he could be a kid who stretches out his recruitment.

Looks fast enough to me to play the big TE spot. Ether way For his size the kid seems pretty athletic

Rochester City Player of the year. always thought he moved well for a big man. Has soft hands and athleticm for a guy his size. Despite his hands I dont see him as a TE at the D1 level. I think Cuse is looking at him as a interior D lineman. They knew about his team mate Dehond for awhile. I alerted Chuck about this kid a couple months. I thought Demetrius would be a kid that could earn an offer at the camp but Cuse must have saw something they really liked on film and pulled the trigger. I know breedlove really likes Cuse but if other schools notice him he could be a kid who stretches out his recruitment.

Thought the same thing -- big, strong, explosive kid but doesn't have the speed or feet to play TE at this level. Looks to have the frame to easily add 50 or so pounds, and has a very strong lower body with an underdeveloped upper body. Definitely a D1 lineman.

Thought the same thing -- big, strong, explosive kid but doesn't have the speed or feet to play TE at this level. Looks to have the frame to easily add 50 or so pounds, and has a very strong lower body with an underdeveloped upper body. Definitely a D1 lineman.
Yup. Good points

Y'all just need to learn twitterese. ;)

What he said was that as a kid from Rochester Breedlove, who is also from Rochester, is the first TE he ever knew personally who got a FB offer. Especially from a D1 School such as Syracuse. The only other one he had heard of was Roland Williams.

Honestly. The only reason I posted it is because it illustrates the lack of recruited talent in that area of NY State.

What he said was that as a kid from Rochester Breedlove, who is also from Rochester, is the first TE he ever knew personally who got a FB offer. Especially from a D1 School such as Syracuse. The only other one he had heard of was Roland Williams.

Honestly. The only reason I posted it is because it illustrates the lack of recruited talent in that area of NY State.

Thank goodness you're here! I didn't think we'd ever figure that out now that Barbara Billingsley is no longer with us.

Pat Kelly (rip) but yeah.

Pat Kelly, Joe Donnolly, Tom Ferren were Section V TE's that played at Cuse. Mark Baniewicz was a converted TE

I get your point but this kid is probably 19 years old who owns that twitter and he probably doesn't have a clue who played for Syracuse. And money3189 how many kids would you say end up with D1 offers in Section V?

I get your point but this kid is probably 19 years old who owns that twitter and he probably doesn't have a clue who played for Syracuse. And money3189 how many kids would you say end up with D1 offers in Section V?
Yeah they have no clue but its my job to teach them the history. This also gives them faith. They have to believe they are the next one. I do realize that NYS is not a hotbed but Rochester has lots of talent.

Yeah they have no clue but its my job to teach them the history. This also gives them faith. They have to believe they are the next one. I do realize that NYS is not a hotbed but Rochester has lots of talent.

Well hopefully Coach Bullough keeps coming over to visit you and check out that talent. Sometimes it just takes one offer to get the necessary attention... like two players from Alabama we know. ;)