Class of 2015 - DE/TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr (NY) Transferring from Michigan to Stony Brook | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE/TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr (NY) Transferring from Michigan to Stony Brook

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
@AllenTrieu: #Alabama offers Fayetteville Manlius (NY) 2015 DL-TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr. More here: http://t.co/HdcQ2IslIe

(My search function doesn't work hence the new thread)

I heard they found a loop hole in the rules and he was going directly from HS to the Buffalo Bills. ;)

I think we have a chance, you never know

he doesn't seem to be giving us much of a chance. long way to go but likes Penn St, Michigan, Bama

All about relationships, we know he's a stud, not like he is trying out for a scholarship

Even if we lose him to one of the big boys - Michigan has to be in the running, too - it'll be nice for SU to be in the conversation right up to the end. And maybe McDonald can work his magic, you never know.

I went to FM and watched his games...

I really really do not see what the huge deal is other than his last name. Sure he's talented and deserves to play college ball, but Alabama? Michigan? I don't know boys.

I went to FM and watched his games...

I really really do not see what the huge deal is other than his last name. Sure he's talented and deserves to play college ball, but Alabama? Michigan? I don't know boys.

He has the size, athleticism, and blood lines. He is being talked about as a potential 4 or 5 star recruit. No offense, but if he has early offer from Nick Saban, Bill O'Brein, and Brady Hoke i tend to side with those guys.

Wonder if he is a Cuse or Michigan fan? Even though that doesn't matter, think M will be the team to beat for Wheatly.

He has the size, athleticism, and blood lines. He is being talked about as a potential 4 or 5 star recruit. No offense, but if he has early offer from Nick Saban, Bill O'Brein, and Brady Hoke i tend to side with those guys.

Yes they clearly know better than me...

But I don't know, maybe he'll make it more blatantly obvious that he's a star recruit his junior and senior seasons. I think he's a sophomore now...could be wrong.

He was a sophomore this year, and yes I would tend to agree with your sentiments that he wasn't blowing anyone away. That being said he seemed to have a body that wasn't close to fully developed and in 2 years could be a serious player.

@MinkNate: Tyrone Wheatley Jr., one of Syracuse's most sought after recruits for 2015, is transferring to Buffalo-area Canisius HS, source tells me.

Wonder if he is a Cuse or Michigan fan? Even though that doesn't matter, think M will be the team to beat for Wheatly.
I agree but not every kid follows in their dad's footsteps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

@MinkNate: Tyrone Wheatley Jr., one of Syracuse's most sought after recruits for 2015, is transferring to Buffalo-area Canisius HS, source tells me.

same school as Ollison. State Champs? They will also get the younger Wheatley who has been doing pretty well on the camp cicruit this Summer.

So I'm not sure what games y'all were watching, but this kid looks like a beast on his highlight tape. He looks like a college kid playing against middle-schoolers. And this is only a sophomore tape. He looks good on this tape. both blowing up the Oline, chasing down runners and making athletic catches as a TE

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1719646/#highlights/27176373

Not a chance the kid doesn't go to Michigan.

There is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
My guess is that the Wheatley and Schafer families are pretty close due to their SU and FM connections. Another guess is that Ty trusts HCSS enough to allow TJ to choose SU if he so desires.

Even if both of my guesses are correct, I still think it's an uphill battle considering that Alabama and Michigan (among others) have offered.

My guess is that the Wheatley and Schafer families are pretty close due to their SU and FM connections. Another guess is that Ty trusts HCSS enough to allow TJ to choose SU if he so desires.

Even if both of my guesses are correct, I still think it's an uphill battle considering that Alabama and Michigan (among others) have offered.
Uphill battle to be sure, but we are in this due to the reasons you surmise and a few others (info from someone who knows Tyrone Jr.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2