Class of 2024 - DE Tristen Graham (Del) Committed to Akron | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE Tristen Graham (Del) Committed to Akron

We have a lot of DEs
Of the "DE's" that committed, I'm not sure how many of those are being projected to LBer. I'm pretty sure Caden Brown and James Heard are being recruiting as Lber's but I could be wrong.

Don't think we would have brought him in over the weekend unless there was legitimate interest in keeping him in the fold. Could very well be that the previous staff was viewing him as an immediate contributor while the new staff, based on scheme and additional personnel. viewed him as more of a developmental piece and sent the message that he would have to sit, be patient and wait for his opportunity. You know, that Occam's Razor thing again.

Don't think we would have brought him in over the weekend unless there was legitimate interest in keeping him in the fold. Could very well be that the previous staff was viewing him as an immediate contributor while the new staff, based on scheme and additional personnel. viewed him as more of a developmental piece and sent the message that he would have to sit, be patient and wait for his opportunity. You know, that Occam's Razor thing again.
Timing is odd with this unless the staff was honest with him and said they had commitments lined up from a couple other prospects they value higher at his position?

Or, he got an offer from someone else that may have been financially sweeter and an easier path to playing time?

This is my take as well. He probably wants to see a quicker path to playing time.

Sometimes personalities just don't meet set expectations.

Too bad i liked this kid but seemed like a bit of a tweener in the 4-2-5. I don’t think we would have brought him up for an OV if we didn’t want him, but who knows maybe he isn’t as tall as listed, or maybe they just didn’t mesh well together.

He very well may end up being very good. I think places like Delaware and NY aren’t scouted that well because of the perception of no talent but just look at kids like Justin Joly from Iona Prep. Only FCS offer was literally UConn and look at how he turned out. Now he’s going to NC ST. Not saying this is Graham, but there is more talent in the NE than is given credit for.

Too bad i liked this kid but seemed like a bit of a tweener in the 4-2-5. I don’t think we would have brought him up for an OV if we didn’t want him, but who knows maybe he isn’t as tall as listed, or maybe they just didn’t mesh well together.

He very well may end up being very good. I think places like Delaware and NY aren’t scouted that well because of the perception of no talent but just look at kids like Justin Joly from Iona Prep. Only FCS offer was literally UConn and look at how he turned out. Now he’s going to NC ST. Not saying this is Graham, but there is more talent in the NE than is given credit for.
Definitely did not look above 6-0 at airport. Thought he was a DB or RB at first.

We are bringing in a lot of DL type guys it appears. Definitely was a convo that maybe like if these two guys say cuse they get the spot and your the back up?? Just guessing, obviously a hypothetical situation

I hope this doesn't bode ill for Darton. Smallish, undersized DL - maybe not suited for the "new" scheme?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom